PDA

View Full Version : Money before safety...?????

burn the mullal
21st Jan 2007, 14:22
I thought i would share this observation on the forum to see if any other folks have had the same happen to them.......
Myself and the other half flew FR from STN to RDZ a few days ago and we knew that our check-in bags were over the measley 15kg on offer and so were expecting to have to pay an excess duty.
I watched as others checked in a range of bags at adjacent check-in desks and noticed that the Staff on the desks adhered to the usual security questions of packing the bag yourself etc, but those whose bags were over the limit were immediatley informed they had to pay the excess before getting there boarding card issued to them.
Those whose bags were over the 15kg along with ourselves were NOT asked any security questions meerly sent to pay up and return to collect our boarding cards.!!!!

I might be making a big deal out of it but it was the same on the return journey aswell.

As for removing items from checked luggage to place into carry on, wouldnt it make more sense health and saftey wise and cabin fixture wise for any excess weight to be placed actually in the hold instead of an overhead locker ready to fall on the old Dorris grabbing at her coat sleeve.????????

Im sorry if ive rambled and my punctuations crap, but ive vented my annoyance and now im going to eat the dodgy french sweets we brought home.

CargoOne
21st Jan 2007, 16:57
Do not worry. Terrorists do not have overweight baggage and in most cases they have no money to pay for it. No need to waste time on asking standart security questions.
:cool: