PDA

View Full Version : Etihad to Muscat from Manchester

Mike16
20th Jan 2007, 16:50
Hi Guys

Well how are you all ? I have been a bit quiet on here over the last few months.
I do hope you are all ok ?
Well i am of to Muscat for a week, Flying with Etihad from Manchester and i have a stop in Abu Dhabi to change aircraft we beleive as we have different flight numbers from Abu to Muscat ( Oman )
What is this airline like ?
Service and IFE any good ?
Also has anyone been to Muscat is it a nice place.
I fly ut on the 2nd Feb 2007, wish me luck.

Mike :) :) :) ;)

In trim
20th Jan 2007, 22:13
Mike,

No need to "wish you luck". Quality operation on brand new A330 from MAN (probably also an A330 on the Muscat sector as well). Good IFE, food, service, etc.

TFlyguy
21st Jan 2007, 09:26
Recently flew LGW - AUH great service - and admittedly it was 777 not A330 but there were 50 movies and over 100 TV programmes available on the IFE!

Mike16
21st Jan 2007, 11:21
Thanks guys, i will look forward to it now, you have been so helpful both of you, Thanks So much.
Could i ask the moderator why my post was moved ? i originally posted this in the airlines and routes forums ? as i am flying with an airline and going on a route which is not as popular as the euro and Americas zones ?
Just wondered if you could tell me why ?

Mike

P.S keep up the good work on pprune ;) ;) ;) ;)

TightSlot
21st Jan 2007, 23:15
Could i ask the moderator why my post was moved ? i originally posted this in the airlines and routes forums ? as i am flying with an airline and going on a route which is not as popular as the euro and Americas zones ?

You get better answers in here on that sort of thing - the AA&R forum leans a little closer to spotters and/or enthusiasts (I'll prolly be in trouble now for saying that!)

Mike16
22nd Jan 2007, 05:46
Thanks tightslot, oh you will be in trouble now....... lol :) :) :)
Well thankyou for anwering the reply though.

Bye

Mike16
8th Feb 2007, 06:07
Hi Guys

Well i am back, and what an Experience, firstly i have to recommend Oman it is beautiful and soooooo lovely....
Flew with Ethiad from Manchester and on a A330 and it was so posh !!!!! lol
Serice was fantastic and the crew were great, when we arrived at Abu dhabi, we had to wait about an hour and half for our eithad connection to Muscat and this too was kind of ok, the service was poor though, maybe it was only a 40 min flight ??????
Well returning from muscat to Abu dhabi, i was in shock, the flight was full an A330, there were no cabin secure checks at all, and the Demo was only in Arabic, even thoygh half the plane was English, on taxing to the runway and even on take off, a woman was on here phone talking ????????
Well after take off, i asked the male cabin crew member why they did not do a cabin secure, his reply was that he did, and i replied you never, he then stormed off !!!!!!! he then came back and i told him about the lady on her cell phone on take off, his reply was, get ready !!!!! in these countries people do what they like.......
I couldn't say anything back as i was in shock, i use to be crew for many years in the UK and was mortified, luckily once we landed ay ABu Dhabi it wa time for our connection to Manchester and the service on the flight was exceptional, the lady who looked after us was an oriental lady and she worked hard all the way through the flight 7 hrs 52 mins.
I wished i caught her name she was a real ambassodor not to only eithad but to any cabin crew wanna bes out there, good on you girl and take care.
But all in all, Eithad are great and have the most beautiful aircrat and the IFE is wicked.

Mike

Monkeytoo
8th Feb 2007, 06:33
Mike - the flight attendant wasn't spinning you a line by saying that the passengers in this area are a law unto themselves..........they are:ugh: Surprised though that the safety briefing wasn't in English as well - I thought that that was a requirement :hmm: