PDA

View Full Version : Virgin's US rights

Higs
20th Jan 2007, 06:52
Is there any word on what is happening with Virgin's USA rights and who is going to crew them? Also when is the type to be announced?

capson
20th Jan 2007, 14:22
here the link for it...
http://www.letvafly.com

Dehavillanddriver
20th Jan 2007, 16:53
Wrong Virgin I think...

To answer your question - not sure - am expecting some news to be released in the next month or two

Aussie
21st Jan 2007, 01:29
Are we talkin about Virgin USA or Pacific?

Aussie

pakeha-boy
21st Jan 2007, 02:18
......as much as I want it to happen,.....and I have my CV in with them....

bottom line.....it wont happen....there is a lot of resistance...and there are many ..$$$$$$$$ against this venture

....this is a big country ,and money talks......on the line,most are opposing this for obvious reasons.... job security,no green carders etc etc....cant blame them....only protecting what they think is theres.....

....if you think it will happen,....and it may....the hurdles are tremendous.....the flying public loves a cheap ride.....but the "cheap" public ,loves red,white and blue....and will go to very extreme ends to fly the home carrier.......when push comes to shove,and they are using the "fly american" flag ...you are now facing a very tough uphilll battle.....love only goes so far....:oh:

Buckshot
22nd Jan 2007, 04:11
Also when is the type to be announced?

Deliveries of A320 family aircraft have already begun... Most in storage awaiting a start date. I don't know the background but I would have thought it was a little presumptuous to get your planes before your regulartory approval. Must be killing 'em in lease repayments.

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1148835/M/

ShockWave
22nd Jan 2007, 04:35
Nice photo buckshot, but I think this thread refers to the long haul route across the Pacific. The little old A320 just won't make it I'm afraide.

Buster Hyman
22nd Jan 2007, 04:35
Pretty half hearted attempt at the stars & stripes there near the tail. Surely that isn't how it will remain?

Buckshot
22nd Jan 2007, 06:01
Yeah, wasn't sure ShockWave - pakeha-boy's post seemed to be referring to the new US based start-up.
Buster,the stars and stripes are on the wing-tip fences with a plain red tail with Virgin logo.

Going Boeing
22nd Jan 2007, 07:20
Much better paint job than the Australian equivalent.

Taildragger67
22nd Jan 2007, 08:27
Pretty half hearted attempt at the stars & stripes there near the tail. Surely that isn't how it will remain?

Looks to me from that photo like that half-hearted attempt at the S&S is actually on the winglet, a la on Virgin Atlantic's aircraft, and not on the fuselage.

Higs
22nd Jan 2007, 08:31
Doh, Sorry,,, Yes I was refering to the trans pacific Aus to west coast Virgin operation. But interesting to hear about the US domestic start up anyway. Thanks

Buster Hyman
22nd Jan 2007, 12:49
Ha! So it is...:rolleyes:...I thought "What an odd shape for a flag!"

Okay, back in my box then...:ugh:

Taildragger67
22nd Jan 2007, 12:58
Ha! So it is...:rolleyes:...I thought "What an odd shape for a flag!"

Okay, back in my box then...:ugh:

Yeah but it is Virgin, anything to try to look 'cool' or 'trendy' is possible... :yuk:

Ichiban
22nd Jan 2007, 13:00
Interesting how the Virgin group is campaigning for a fair go from the US Government, while the Australian Government are providing protection for Virgin Blue from Singapore Airlines on the SYD-LAX route.
Maybe SQ should start a website http://www.letsqfly.com

Gravox
22nd Jan 2007, 19:17
I like all the gadgets on the Virgin USAs A320s, some how doubt that this a LCC. Some good videos on youtube.com

Buster Hyman
22nd Jan 2007, 21:07
Australian Government are providing protection for Virgin Blue from Singapore Airlines on the SYD-LAX route
I thought that protection was for Qantas & DJ were just getting "collateral benefits"...so to speak.

Aussie
23rd Jan 2007, 00:09
I thought that protection was for Qantas & DJ were just getting "collateral benefits"...so to speak.

YEah i couldnt agree more! :ugh:

Aussie

Going Boeing
23rd Jan 2007, 14:52
Buster and Aussie

I understand your angst about Qantas but there is another way to view the Federal Governments decision to keep SQ off the Pacific routes - ie they are giving the revenue and thus the profits and jobs to Australians, not just looking after Qantas. :D

I've got my Aussie flag out ready to go to the BDO. :=

Taildragger67
23rd Jan 2007, 15:43
I've got my Aussie flag out ready to go to the BDO. :=

That's if they let you in with it!!