View Full Version : Capt. Ray Wensor.

Sunfish
20th Jan 2007, 04:14
I'm sad to report Ray died on Thursday night after a long illness. He was an Ansett B727 Captain, a skilled navigator and yachtsman. As I recall he often flew the Ansett flights to Christmas Island (or was it Nauru?) in a B727 fitted with the sextant accessory, long before GPS and INS was invented.

He will be greatly missed because he was a wonderful person and raconteur. I still remember a few months ago after I had flown into Kerang for the first time his recounting of his first flight as an Ansett Captain into the same strip - and having to ground loop the DC3 on a slippery grass runway to avoid hitting the terminal.

Funeral details to follow.

crocodile redundee
20th Jan 2007, 07:59
Vale Ray Wensor- A fine human being with a powerful charisma to boot. I worked with Ray in the eighties & he was a wonderful character. His aviation knowledge second to none. Loved his sailing too!!!!! Rest in Peace.......

shocka
20th Jan 2007, 10:13
Very sad news indeed..............I was a colleague of Ray's on the 727 for many years & he was always a pleasure to work with & possessed a very happy & out going personality.

Ray was also a 727 Check & Training Captain & Sim Instructor so consequently we spent many hours in that environment as well.

Deepest sympathies to Ray's entire family.

sweetpollypurebred
20th Jan 2007, 10:33
Sad news, Ray did my 727 endorsement training, he was a wonderful teacher and a gentlemen.

Condolences to Rays` family.

Xin
21st Jan 2007, 23:17
Rest in Peace Ray. I spent a lot of time in the 727 with him and always found him to be kind ,thorough and proffessional.Thanks for all the knowledge you imparted its gone a long way