View Full Version : Need Indian Pilot As Guide/mentor/godfather

arunserode
19th Jan 2007, 14:24
Dear Indian Pilots,

I am a 35 year old Mechanical Engineer looking forward to a Career as a pilot.

I want experienced people to guide me into the Field as Guide / Mentor / Godfather.

My mail; [email protected] mobile: +919842879077

Sicerely Looking forward for guidance.

Arun

masalama
22nd Jan 2007, 12:17
hey arun..

If you're looking for info regarding becoming a Commercial pilot in India and finding a job , there are many useful sites ...
1.www.dgca.nic.in ....all the rules and regulations concerning Indian aviation ..it's the website of the Directorate General of Civil Aviation , the government authority that issues licenses to pilots/engineers, airlines etc.etc.

2. Indianpilots.com ....it's a forum similar to pprune but more to do with student pilots and wannabes ...lots of info surely of help to someone in your situation.

Once you get an indian CPL and probably the multi engine rating, the way the airlines are going , u wont need a "godfather" ..just do the hard work ,study well ,get your hours done properly and u'll find the going OK....

best of luck ...masalama.

haree
24th Jan 2007, 19:11
Dear Arun..

At 35 with atleast 1.5 years required to get a CPL from india / get from abroad and convert in india you are really walking the tight rope since most if not all of the airlines in india even with the acute shortage are closing the bar at 35!

But if you are simply looking into professional flying and not necessarily Airline flying well i guess there would be oppurtunities in the corporates who are heavily dependant on retired air force officers for their operations.

Anyways if you have the right passion and the resources go for it!