PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair interviews

InTheDark
19th Jan 2007, 13:17
Can anyone tel me what kind of questions are being asked at Ryanair interviews? Has anyone got any 'hot' tips?
Thank you

apaddyinuk
19th Jan 2007, 15:07
Q1) Are you willing to pay for your training? A) YES
Q2) Are you willing to pay for your uniform? A) YES

Great...you got the job!!!! :ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

Faire d'income
19th Jan 2007, 15:15
Are you willing to be be shouted at all day?
Are you willing to pay for a job that has an average career of 2 years?
Are you willing to pay for a job that will see you replaced the first second someone cheaper knocks on the door?

atmosphere
21st Jan 2007, 15:35
here's a GREAT hot tip!!!

Firstly go to www.ryanair.com (http://www.ryanair.com) Book 50 flights ANYWHERE on thier network..... By the time you complete the 50th one, you will realise you don't want to work there, and you will probably save yourself a bit of cash! $$:}££

Vectors Req'd!
22nd Jan 2007, 19:06
I would try easyJet if I were you... It's like Ryanair a 'low cost carrier'..... But with standards!! Oh and a new uniform this summer...

Training is free so long as you don't leave within a reasonable amount of time, and should you require accomodation, they will only ask you to contribute a nominal amount....(whilst training)

The future's bright, but it's not blue.:eek: :eek:

InTheDark
30th Jan 2007, 08:34
I get the picture.
It's not actually for me it's for a friend (they all say that) so I will try and point her in another direction without demoralising her.
Thank you

Vectors Req'd!
30th Jan 2007, 09:16
Just shout if you need any more advice/info.....:)

crewbus
30th Jan 2007, 09:29
Is Ryanair really that bad?

Are you serious that you have to pay for training with Ryanair?

Surely if you were dying to be Cabin Crew it would be worth trying? Or maybe not?

TightSlot
30th Jan 2007, 12:02
Surely if you were dying to be Cabin Crew it would be worth trying? Or maybe not?

If you are sufficiently desperate for a job such that you are willing to pay your employer for the priviledge of working for them, then this is the ideal company for you.

Cabinstar
8th Feb 2007, 17:35
If you work for ryanair/easyjet would this put you at a disadvantage when applying to other airlines?

Vectors Req'd!
9th Feb 2007, 13:48
Hi!
Firstly, although the two airlines are in the same category as 'low cost carriers', they are world's apart when it comes being an employee and reputation etc.

As you will have gathered from the information on this thread already, people have pretty strong views on some of the ethics that Ryanair work too, i.e employees paying for their training. :eek:

I have to say that easyJet do not charge for training and that having had several discussions with people with real life expiriences, ezy comes out on top every time. Having said that they are not great fans of taking people on who have worked for other airlines, as they say that historicaly these people find the training more difficult..... I have no first hand on that, but it is what I am led to believe.

Their safety record is second to non, I cannot see any reason why it should not look good on a C.V, should you get the oppertunity to work with them.

Good Luck! :)

Commander1
9th Feb 2007, 14:22
I have just been offered a position with Ryanair but I have also applied to Easyjet, so does that mean I wont get hired because i have just wanted experience with another airline??

That seems highly unfair.

Vectors Req'd!
10th Feb 2007, 11:58
Hi

I think they are refering to people who have worked for another airline for a considerable amount of time. Hold out for as long as you can though for the ezy job.... Would be pretty pointless writing a cheque to Ryanair if you get through with easyJet...... Do you have an assesment day or have you JUST applied?

orangegirl
10th Feb 2007, 12:48
If you work for ryanair/easyjet would this put you at a disadvantage when applying to other airlines?

No I don't think it's a disadvantage, most airlines like people from lowcost airlines because those people work harder (especially if you come from ryanair :) )
and you have lot more experience as you do more flight's

crewbus: I used to be at ryanair, it's not that I regret it, but it did cost me a lot of money and I left after a few months. So I would never pay for an airline anymore.
There are so many airlines where you don't have to pay!
Come to EZY, it's so much more fun here than at FR!!
(and better money :ok: )

Vectors Req'd!
10th Feb 2007, 14:43
OrangeGirl from Orangeboy: NIcely said!! :) :)