PDA

View Full Version : Aero Contractors

bdwa
19th Jan 2007, 03:30
Read on the net that an Aero Contractors 737 lost it's wind shield in Flight and returned back to Owerri. Anybody know bout this?

V1_RHOT8
19th Jan 2007, 06:49
I believe this is what you are refering to:

http://odili.net/news/source/2007/jan/18/810.html

Aero guys any comments?

18left
20th Jan 2007, 05:47
what possible comment,we all know how hungry journalist are,anything to sell and make a headline,and this word they created 'AIR RETURN'.
what rubbish!
Mind you if this aircraft diverted back due wx,it would not be sensational enough for a headline.
I think its time we wrote a stinker to this media houses,to stop panicking people unnecessarily,and i dont think we should glorify them with any comments after such incidents but refer them to NCAA,who can clearify what an AIR RETURN means!

Rani
20th Jan 2007, 06:22
Seems to me if Fani-Kayode directed half his usual barking towards the Nigerian sensationalist, headline-selling media, the aviation industry would stand to benefit.
Silly me for thinking that! Mr. Kayode much prefers terrorizing Nigerian passengers through his "explosives" tales. :E :E :E :( :)

donnie brasco
23rd Jan 2007, 14:07
Hey bro.this actually happened,but departure field was ABV-abuja,and returned back to field.:cool:

Flying Touareg
23rd Jan 2007, 15:48
VK 041 also had a similar problem some days ago i gather, but it had to do with pressurisation.

Flying Bucket
24th Jan 2007, 19:27
Vk seem to have a knack for that lately, heard they had some in the past and some of their pilots even had to attend further ground studies on 'Pressurization'!

Flying Bucket
24th Jan 2007, 19:34
This is hear say though. An unconfirmed story.

Revnetwork
25th Jan 2007, 08:35
From memory, since 01JAN2007, VK have not had any so called "air returns" due to pressurisation or ANY other reason.
I am almost certain of this without even having to check within the company because I would be one of those who would receive either a text or email from ops if this were to happen and I can certainly say that I haven't seen any.
There was 1 (one) incident of depressurisation in 2006 on a flight to Owerri.
Rumours are ok. But when hearsay starts getting reported as fact, we are in trouble.

oba_idan_amani
25th Feb 2007, 18:18
How come no one is talking about Aero's new B737-400. I saw the plane the other day, and it was looking too long for a B737. I heard the second B737-400 is on its way to lagos. Do you need another type to fly it. Aero is surely the way to go.:ok:

Oba Idan Amani

Revnetwork
25th Feb 2007, 21:29
Good on Aero. Same licence as the -300/500. Bigger capacity though, and they've still got to fill it.:ok:
Wonder which routes require that kind of capacity. Anyone know if the current -300s are operating at full capacity?