PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Refund?

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
19th Jan 2007, 00:06
Apologies for my knack of knowledge on the subject, but I am asking on behalf of a friend.

She was supposed to fly on FR on Thursday but only arrived 5 mins before the scheduled departure time as all main roads to the airport (LPL) were shut due to high winds. Although the flight was delayed by an hour at that time (and eventually left almost 2 hours late), they closed check-in on time and my friend was left stranded.

FR gave her the option of flying on Saturday, but this was pointless as she would miss her meeting anyway. She left the airport as there was a huge queue of people with more important enquiries.

She wants to know where she stands with the airline and what the refund procedure would be.

I think I know the answer already, but I though I'd ask anyhow.

Thanks.

lorddee
19th Jan 2007, 00:48
flight on advised link on FR website or click on refund link but if flight did operate she/he will be down as a no show so answer may be different

PAXboy
19th Jan 2007, 01:06
My first reaction on seeing the thread title, before reading it, was to reply, "I do like it when people post humourous threads." But that would not be fair.

If RyanAir offered her an alternative travel date and she declined to take it then that is the end of the story. She can apply for a refund of the airport/flight taxes but there is an administration cost applied by RYR for making that refund and the two sums are not that different.

The reasons for her being late are unfortunate but irrelevant, that is the way that many airlines operate these days and it is all in the small print. Sorry.

Llademos
19th Jan 2007, 10:47
From another thread ...

On refunds "we don't fall over ourselves if they say my granny fell ill. What part of no-refund do you not understand? You are not getting a refund so **** off."

Sums the airline up, really.

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
21st Jan 2007, 20:38
Thought at much.

Thanks all for the info.