PDA

View Full Version : Is Ma*flite/J*tflite going under?

Niteize
18th Jan 2007, 23:19
Hearing rumours that Ma*flite/J*tflite/what ever they come up with next, is going under? Are they contracting the instructing work out to a Gold Coast flight school? Whats going to happen to the cadets, hope they haven’t wasted their money…

D Foster
18th Jan 2007, 23:58
Niteize - Jetflite is definitely not going under but is definitely re-locating the training program to the Gold Coast, so you've got half the story correct. We have taken the decision to do this as it is no longer cost effective to operate a training school of our size at Archerfield. The choices open to us were:

to re-locate the school and operate it somewhere like Redcliffe
to continue operating at Archerfield and cop the scandalous airport charges
to sell additional places on the program (which I may or may not have positions for at our client airlines)
to close the program down or;

contract the training to a provider

The responsible decision was the latter. At the end of the day its my job to protect the investment of my customers and I've taken this decision in order to do that.

Jetflite will continue to operate the program for many years to come for many reasons, not the least of which is that 13 former trainees are currently line pilots at Jetcraft and doing a great job. :ok:

Cheers,

Danny Foster

roger_ramjet
21st Jan 2007, 06:24
Danny,

Thanks for your refreshingly honest and truthful reply - a rare commodity on pprune these days! The aviation world is changing rapidly in this country and it's good to see a company trying to stay ahead of the game instead of being left behind.

RR.

MCKES
21st Jan 2007, 10:15
Danny,
Is it possible to do training starting from PPL through the Jetflite cadet program?
Thank-you
Sam

tinyfly
22nd Jan 2007, 05:39
MCKES,

I have heard that they will not generally take you on from ppl, a ppl standard at JetFlite is higher than that at a majority of other flying schools. Call it Quality Control, after all you will be flying in an airline in a year.

Ricky Bobby
22nd Jan 2007, 10:06
Their website seems to disagree with you there, they seem to take you on at a higher licence level than just PPL. Could work out to be a bit of $$$ though due to the extra training, but hey, it's their train set.

Best to just ring them and ask.