PDA

View Full Version : Monarch Airlines

Longchop
18th Jan 2007, 18:24
Quick question

Does anyone know of people getting into Monarch in Manchester with less than the required 2000hrs?

Ive got 1500hrs with 1300 on the Dash8 and i was wondering what my chances would be. Im 26 yrs old.

Can anyone offer any inside info on MON? :confused:

Ive wanted to fly for Monarch since i was a nipper and still do despite the slight downturn in morale.

Thanks

LC

Dotun
18th Jan 2007, 18:47
I thought the requirements was 2500 hours, has it been revised downwards ?

Regards
DMan

Sphinx
18th Jan 2007, 19:26
Although it says 2500 hours on the website Monarch view that as an ideal rather than a minimum. In most courses including mine experience has ranged from 1000TT to 6000TT.

They also take cadets with 200-250 hours from CTC. So with 1500 mostly on the Dash 8 you'll be fine. Put in an application - they are always short of people in MAN.

Incidentally the bloke with 1000TT I mention above was also on the Dash 8 prior to Monarch.

Office Pest
18th Jan 2007, 20:25
Well Longchop if I were you I would seriously consider my options before applying for a job with Monarch out of Manchester. I worked there for two years and whilst the training and the people you work with day to day were second to none the rest of the package leaves a lot to be desired. As far as I am aware things are being put into motion that may help matters but i would not hold your breath. I certainly don't want to burst your bubble - just giving a bit of advice from someone who has been there.

Best Regards

Office Pest

captainpaddy
19th Jan 2007, 09:54
Office Pest,

Where did you work before MON?

Office Pest
19th Jan 2007, 12:33
Hello Captainpaddy
I worked for a few companies (mostly contract stuff) before I went to Monarch. I already had the airbus rating and time on type. Anyway I am with the great orange company now and it suits me down to the ground.

Best Regards
Office Pest

Office Pest
19th Jan 2007, 19:09
I am just happy to pass on what little experience I have. You are of course correct that almost any jet job is a natural progression from turboprops. I do however think that if you are going to be bonded for a few years it is best to consider your options very carefully.

Office Pest