PDA

View Full Version : Public Transport Runway Length Restrictions

Oxeagle
18th Jan 2007, 14:26
Afternoon Chaps,

Would anyone know where I could find a list of aircraft and their minimum take-off and landing distance requirements for a public transport flight? More specifically, a BN-T2 Turbine Islander if anyone can provide me with details of public transport requirements for this aircraft.

Many thanks,

Ox

rightbank
18th Jan 2007, 20:59
I think you need to be a bit more specific about your requirements as it is very dependent on temperature and weight. For example on one of the aircraft I fly, for one set of landing criteria the public transport landing distance required is 1171 metres when empty with minimum reserve fuel and an ambient temperature of -5 degrees, but 1601 metres at max landing weight and +35 degrees . Quite a difference!

Oxeagle
18th Jan 2007, 23:17
rightbank,

This is what I would like to know: A BN-T2 Islander at it's MAUW of 3175KG has a ground run on takeoff of 255m (381m to 50ft) and 228m (338 from 50ft) for landing in ISA conditions. I want to know what the shortest runway length I that can use for a commercial public transport flight in any given atmosphere likely to be experienced in the UK (-10 degrees to +35 degrees) is.