PDA

View Full Version : YSBK - Aircraft down

ContactMeNow
18th Jan 2007, 06:18
Just saw on channel 10 news about an aeroplane down at BK, didnt get the story (not that it would have mattered with the media and all) anyone want to shed some light?

Aircraft is question looked like a tobago or similar (showed a quick aerial shot of it, wasnt a high wing, nor did it look like a Warrior) I could be wrong on the warrior statement though...

CMN :ok:

Double Donk
18th Jan 2007, 06:31
I was out there this morning and runway 11R was closed (due works in progress). Didn't see anything but.

bentleg
18th Jan 2007, 06:49
Just saw on channel 10 news about an aeroplane down at BK, didnt get the story (not that it would have mattered with the media and all) anyone want to shed some light?

Aircraft is question looked like a tobago or similar (showed a quick aerial shot of it, wasnt a high wing, nor did it look like a Warrior) I could be wrong on the warrior statement though...

CMN :ok:

YSBK ATIS (available on the 'net) says 11L not available due to disabled aircraft........

Pseudonymn
18th Jan 2007, 07:21
Link to SMH story here. (http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/light-plane-crash-spares-passengers/2007/01/18/1169095901912.html)

das Uber Soldat
18th Jan 2007, 07:53
just landed.

Got back to YSBK around 5:55pm, was held outside the zone with another chieftan for approx 10 minutes due zone closure until we were finally cleared into the zone. It appears to be a Malibu, the assumption being that 1, it looked like a Malibu, and 2, we saw a Malibu 4 blader being loaded before I departed YSBK at 4:30pm.

The story from what I gather so far is that he attempted t/o from 11C, and it went pear shaped. The a/c came to rest at the far end of 11L slightly off to the left/north side, gear was retracted, covered in foam, with the services on their way home. General aircraft looked intact, though there will be extensive damage to the underside of the aircraft.

das Uber Soldat
19th Jan 2007, 06:53
seems he left the pitot cover on, panicked and it went pear shaped.

Avgas and Fanta
19th Jan 2007, 09:17
In fact a UFO was rotating on the parallel runway 11R at the same time, and saw the lovely prop on the magic machine. The little green man up front pulled out his zappydewacky gun, and blew the prop clean off the nose. The aircraft proceeded to do 4 back flips coming to rest nicely on its belly. Whilst the boys in the tower saw this, they decided not to talk about it as they like a good conspiracy as much as the next bloke.

Whist this story may seem a little far fetched, it holds about as much truth as the previous post. :D

das Uber Soldat
19th Jan 2007, 17:33
well if everyone i've talked to was wrong, i'm listening ;)

either way, everyone loves a good conspiracy theory ;)

No worries mate
20th Jan 2007, 00:03
Channel 10 late news also reported it as a 'twin engine' aircraft, whilst showing pic's of the Malibu.

Aussie
21st Jan 2007, 01:47
Typical Media Shambles!!!!

Aussie

VH-XXX
24th Jan 2007, 06:00
Well I heard that the aircraft is now fitted with a speed prop!

http://users.netconnect.com.au/~njah1/Malibu.jpg