PDA

View Full Version : RFDS Pay/Conditions

Dogmeat
18th Jan 2007, 04:20
Just interested if anyone knows what the pay & conditions are like with the RFDS, am a fair way off applying but would like to fly for them one day. Interested in long term as well as short term. Any other relevant info ie what its like to work for them would be great as well.
cheers

Howard Hughes
18th Jan 2007, 07:41
Which section?

Bendo
18th Jan 2007, 11:48
... if you were a member of the AFAP you would have access, through the website, to the award for most operators or at least their draft EA.

Failing that, www.wagenet.gov.au will give you the opportunity to search for EA's, awards and certified agreements.

Best of luck

G.A. Boy
18th Jan 2007, 22:39
All four sections have different pay structures. Even individual bases within a section have different structures. Its all downable from the above mentioned websites. My base pays around $60Kpa, plus salary sacrifice, overtime, few other allowances.

Howard Hughes
18th Jan 2007, 23:53
Similar story to GA Boy, except we don't get any overtime...:{

ie: Same section different base!

disco_air
19th Jan 2007, 02:40
Bendo

I was in the understanding RFDS drivers dont negotiate EBA's through the AFAP anymore (at least in some sections), they are part of the Ambulance Union now (therefore no drafts on AFAP).

I'm sure an actual Flying Doc driver could confirm this. :confused:

...disco

G.A. Boy
19th Jan 2007, 04:44
South Eastern sec still uses the AFAP. Believe central section use the ambos union.

air med
20th Jan 2007, 01:38
Still going thru AFAP ,but we dont get 2500.00 for fuel, we get 2500ltrs that is part of salary sacrifice, we pay rent and utilities so it doesnt comt to around 70,000.
Base wage is around 55,000 for first year and at the moment 3% per yr of the EBA.

Dogmeat
22nd Jan 2007, 01:22
Cheers, thanks for the info just needed very rough idea so that I dont spend the next few years chasing a job that pays the equivelant of the dole like many GA jobs. I'll chase up those other links with afap.