PDA

View Full Version : Additional medical tests

rjmore
17th Jan 2007, 18:21
Hello again all,

I went through stage two back in December and was required to undergo additional medical tests. I finally got them completed and the reports were given to my Doctor and now on to CX. Does anyone know how long one has to wait before a final decision is made? To me the test results look good but I really have no clue. They were due to a health risk assessment for HKCAD due to being overweight in case anyone is wondering or has had the same thing.

Thanks for all replies as usual!

Captain TOGA
17th Jan 2007, 19:54
Overweight and from Texas, please tell me it ain't so... That reminds of the bloke I got my "handle" from. Altough, he is from Australia

Joking aside I also had a medical issue that came up during the medical exam. Surgery and a few medical reports later I was consider fit enough to pass a Class one medical. Wich was a good thing, 'cause I couldn't wait to get to HKG and start cheating on my wife...the whole process lasted about 2 months.

marbles1
17th Jan 2007, 21:03
from the time I got the all clear from my doctor until the call from recruitment was about 3 weeks. Just prior to the call I also got an email from the CX medical dept. apologizing for the delay in processing my info and saying that everything was good.

rjmore
18th Jan 2007, 00:45
Overweight and from Texas, please tell me it ain't so... That reminds of the bloke I got my "handle" from. Altough, he is from Australia

Yeah, I'm doing Texas proud by keeping tradition alive. My tests looked good to me so hopefully they will give me a shot. I had a stress test, blood work, and a liver ultrasound. Good thing is, being fat is fixable so even if something scares them a bit I can get rid of it.:}

jacfield
18th Jan 2007, 16:41
DO they use the "asian" standard when considering if someone's overweight or the BMI?

I'm in the process of losing some weight, and frankly, it's hard! It must be the water in the States.

rjmore
18th Jan 2007, 18:54
I'm not sure what they use, but under the definition I am morbidly obese. I believe that is 50 pounds overweight. For my height I am at least that but when I was in college I used to be an amateur competition body builder. There is no way I will ever weigh what I am supposed to. That said, I am fat now and need to lose the weight. It was a rough year and I don't drink or smoke. My vice is good food. Lucky for me though, my blood numbers are better than 95% of my friends with my Cholesterol at 166 while my thin friends are mostly over 250.

Bottom line, I have purchased a home gym and lost almost 15 pounds since the second interview. I have a lot left to do but it is a fixable issue, especially since it seems I am ok on the inside. I just needed the proper motivation to get my butt back into shape. I got married a couple of years ago to someone that can eat whatever she wants and not gain weight. I kind of kept up with her but I gain pretty easily. I would get losing the weight now as to my knowledge, I passed everything in HKG during the medical from what I was told but I am high risk due to the weight.

Hope that helps you. When I hear something I'll let the group know.

FlexibleResponse
19th Jan 2007, 10:09
Medical health for the job is statistical gamble based on many factors of which weight is one. Nobody is statistically perfectly healthy. CX is only interested that your health will not impose an unbearable (commercially that is) risk of not being able to survive to retirement age and not have too many medical dramas (read cost to the company) along the way.

You have already shown a determined attitude and personal discipline to be able to reduce one of your medical risk factors. When you are at you target level, write to recruiting and tell them of your success.