PDA

View Full Version : Turbine Job Q's

DUXNUTZ
17th Jan 2007, 17:22
Looking for some info on Turbine Operators.

Specifically Pelair Express, REX etc. Trying to sort out schedule and ball park starting salary. No need to be specific but interested in RON's primarily and general outlook.

I like Pelair and competitive with their requirements (previous turbine exp) but cannot for the life of me find any info on F/O or Capt pay. Where they start you out and progression.

Don't know much about REX or any other Turbine people on the East Coast. Haven't mentioned Eastern because not really interested in paying to fly a Dash 8.

Cheers!

-Nuts

Green gorilla
17th Jan 2007, 19:33
Pearl Aviation may not be on the east coast apart from AMSA are a good company and are one of only a few that you dont have to pay for training costs apart from a bond period.

halfmoon
17th Jan 2007, 23:04
So do you have to pay for training at pel-air?? if not how much is the training contract? is it prorata?

its tough to find info on the net on these outfits!

EngineOut
18th Jan 2007, 11:53
Pay when i was at Pel-air was as per the award (no more, no less), you were bonded about 5K for 12 months after which you got it all back, I don't think it is pro-rata. You did have to pay for the ground school though (not bonded).

DUXNUTZ
18th Jan 2007, 15:05
Gotta be some bonus to listen to those Garretts SURELY!!!

Pearl are (were?, think might have changed since i was around) a good company but had enough of the bush.

Wonder who whould go for who if they had their choice? Freight turbine or Pax turbine???