View Full Version : Focus In Trouble?

Po Boy
17th Jan 2007, 15:03
I just heard from a friend of mine, that Focus Air Cargo is running into some financial difficulties. Their major financer has cut off their money supply, and the airline is desperately looking for other sources of cash. There will be no further fleet expansion beyond the 4 planes they operate, and that furlough notices may be going out this week.

Will any Focus pilot on this forum verify what I have heard from my buudy?

WingOffLight
20th Jan 2007, 02:42
Well, that figures. I just heard someone say they had another ex Atlas plane in the paint shop.

I do know they are hiring.

angryblackman
20th Jan 2007, 03:51
There hiring because everyone is quitting.
The investors have now stopped throwing money at this company.

Po Boy
20th Jan 2007, 10:58
Just heard from a Focus pilot, and he told me that the company recently cancelled the Jan 07 new hire class.

WhaleDriver
20th Jan 2007, 15:55
Well, that figures. I just heard someone say they had another ex Atlas plane in the paint shop.
I do know they are hiring.

Focus was counting on getting an Atlas -300, N355MC. Well, things have changed. It's now in SIN getting a heavy check and going back to Polar. Sorry, no Focus paint job in it's near future.

As previously posted, Focus has canceled the Jan class. They are manned for five planes and only have four. You do the math.

Last week, Atlas announced "plans" to park two or three classics by Aug. Let the bidding begin.

Heilhaavir
22nd Jan 2007, 03:29
There hiring because everyone is quitting.
The investors have now stopped throwing money at this company.

You sound pretty angry alright :rolleyes: First it's Evergreen, then Polar and now Focus..... is it wishful thinking or are you just poorly informed?

BTW, did Sir Whatley bust you or maybe seduce your second half?

I feel some bitterness, try to relax dude, enjoy life :p

fr8box
27th Jan 2007, 09:08
The rumor of Focus' demise are greatly exagerated!