PDA

View Full Version : Network and a 737??

locknut
17th Jan 2007, 12:44
Can anyone shed some light on this new piece of information? What runs are they doing? Is it operational? Job prospects? Pay? Future plans for the company?:hmm:

Led Zep
17th Jan 2007, 13:18
I thought it were a quadrapuff owned by one of their mining clients!

cunninglinguist
17th Jan 2007, 20:22
Its in the same container with Skywests 5 A320s :}

Brasilian Bird
18th Jan 2007, 03:31
Good one Cunning!! :}

Yeah I'd heard it were a hairdryer too!! :p

I just wanna know.. where the hell are they going to park it?? I reckon apron space at PH will fetch more than a beachside house in Cott these days!! heh

Richo
18th Jan 2007, 11:31
Hi there Braz Bird.

I just have to ask, are we talking "Brasillians from Brazil" or is there something you want to tell/show us.

richo

BrazDriver
18th Jan 2007, 12:04
Speaking of parking, What are they building between taxiway hotel and whiskey?? Is it parking for Skippers new -300's?

Brasilian Bird
19th Jan 2007, 02:57
Richo, wouldn't you like to know :E

BrazDriver, could be, I'd heard they finally got WAC to agree to give them more space. Good thing too, they bloody need it, aircraft all over the shop down there, it's a nightmare! :}

Captain Klink
19th Jan 2007, 04:49
New taxiway only, to remove the 135 degree turn, and allow for future remote parking.

BrazDriver
19th Jan 2007, 06:38
Brazbird, looks like the nightmare will continue. Yesterday NJS had 4 146's, Maroomba's dashes and a XR F50 all packed in the western end of the GA Apron. It looks a seriously tightly packed mess!

bowerwilkins
21st Jan 2007, 23:52
I'd be more interested in a couple of questions first:
1. they appear to run a pretty tight/cheap ship - is it going to happen
2. where's it going to go - Camp Nifty... its not even sealed & there are 4 jet charter operators in perth... it would be pretty hard to be competitive with one old aircraft?
3. who's going to fly it - someone with a magic touch so it only breaks on even numbered sectors
4. upgrading from a braz to a jet (there are a few recent failures out there) - they appear to struggle to operate braz's... unless high cap aoc's are back in the wheetie packets
5. conditions - they used to make F/O's clean windows and do the gardening for $35K... captains at $55K a bit better off without the domestic chores

The word on the grape vine seems if it ever happened, that the FO gig would be $60K (no allowances). The bond... well they bond F/O's on the braz $25K for 30mth from check-to-line (no pro-rata first 12mth)... so imagine probably $35K for 3-5yrs ... best to leave that to your imagination or even better... their's :ok:

Perth would be a great gig... but i would suggest going down to the Redcliffe Tavern on a week night at about 18:30 and talk to the actual drivers... i think they would put you straight! :mad:

locknut
21st Jan 2007, 23:57
I believe it has something to do with the Barrow Island expansion... Believe me, there will be plenty of work for it:D

bowerwilkins
23rd Jan 2007, 00:21
Who goes to the redcliffe tav to talk to drivers????? I think youll find most blokes that are there at 1830 are there for something else :P

ps. Nifty is about to get upgraded.......runway that is

:ok: sorry guys, just my opinion... go with your gut feeling... be warned - jets and network or skippers is a receipt for disaster

the redcliffe tav is a hole but there is still a few that haunt there - seems everyone has the gos' and answers here, so no need:mad:

locknut
23rd Jan 2007, 00:25
be warned - jets and network or skippers is a receipt for disaster
Ummm... why? What factual information are you basing that on? Or is that just your gut feeling?:ugh:

bowerwilkins
23rd Jan 2007, 23:35
Ummm... why? What factual information are you basing that on? Or is that just your ?:ugh:

:D couldn't have put it better myself!
there's not a lot of point getting in a debate over this... but: they're both established medium size turbo-prop operators, both have problems keeping their staff (i wonder why:ok: ), both have interesting concepts on aircraft serviceability (try flying round with 20+ defects on one aircraft), both have immense commercial pressures and limited resources (you don't need a gym membership).... and neither of them have operated a jet (C525 doesn't count), only one of them has a high cap aoc.....:ugh:
well thats my opinion... by the way... both are recruiting... good luck with the 737

locknut
24th Jan 2007, 00:40
Every company has to start somewhere and I'm sure that when these companies do eventually operate jets offering resonable wages, there will still be certain people b*tching and moaning about the industry no matter what conditions are offered :ugh:

Ref + 10
24th Jan 2007, 10:02
Why wouldn't Network/ Skippers or any of the Perth operators (or anywhere else for that matter) not try to supply their clients with the services that they're asking for? If they don't then NJS, AA or XR will just take the work and they will ceaese to exist. Why would they sit by and watch that happen?
Not so many years ago Bras' in Perth was a pretty good gig. Only a few of them around and the next best was a Metro/1900/ King Air. The landscape has changed drastically since then and is showing all the signs of changing some more.
Righto Bower, people are moving around at the moment. That's not new news mate. How many pilots are leaving QF to other international carriers? Losing staff at the moment is not an especially rare thing. Network have lost quite a few of late but nowhere near the numbers that Skippers have. These are the type of carriers most susceptible to losing pilots to jet carriers I would have thought...
try flying round with 20+ defects on one aircraft
How do you know? Are you saying that something fishy is going on there?
Sounds like everyone is quick to jump on the band wagon and do some bashing with points that they can't qualify. Don't apply for a job there if you're not interested.
BTW. I know I don't see OzJet flying em here yet but wouldn't they be in the same
3. who's going to fly it - someone with a magic touch so it only breaks on even numbered sectors
boat?
I hope that both OzJet and Network (and Skippers too if they are heading that way) make a good go of it and their pilots can fly a jet out of Perth.

rescue 1
24th Jan 2007, 19:32
Given the world shortage of jets, particularly B737-300, I'm wondering if this is just a rumour?

Monopole
24th Jan 2007, 23:30
Of course its just a rumour.......
And until it is sitting on the tarmac, it will only be a rumour :} :}

Icarus2001
25th Jan 2007, 02:11
Given the world shortage of jets, particularly B737-300, I'm wondering if this is just a rumour? Plenty of older models around. Also other types...;)

ebt
25th Jan 2007, 02:12
Could this have anything to do with the fact that Airwork NZ are advertising on seek.com.au for 737-300 type rated pilots to start quickly at bases in Brisbane and Perth?