PDA

View Full Version : Looking for pics of this jet. (VH-HPJ)

Capt Hollywood
17th Jan 2007, 06:26
I'm after any other pics of this particular jet, not sure of type sorry, I'm a helicopter guy! As you can see by the date on the photo the jet was registered in Australia in late 1988.

Cheers,

CH :cool:

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n197/danodwyer/Hosted%20pics/Jet3.jpg

FLEXJET
17th Jan 2007, 08:03
It's a Falcon 200, s/n 491.

Aircraft displayed for sale here :

http://www.aircraftmarketing.com/inventory/current-inventory/1983-falcon-200-sn-491/

FLEXJET
17th Jan 2007, 08:18
I'm a helicopter guy!

I noticed that too...

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n197/danodwyer/Hosted%20pics/Rhiana.jpg

doubleu-anker
17th Jan 2007, 08:57
Capt Hollywood

You keep mentioning the word jet.

To me the picture you are referring to is an aircraft, the powerplants are probabely jet(s). Would you call a PA 28 aircraft for eg., a "piston" referring only to the powerplant?

Maybe you have spent too much time in Hollywood or been watching too many "topgun" movies.

PicMas
17th Jan 2007, 09:59
Right,

Just like they are referred to as business-jets and training-pistons

Capt Hollywood
17th Jan 2007, 10:19
Thanks FLEXJET, much appreciated. The aircraft in the picture was owned by my boss's father (Now deceased). My boss now owns a Lear45 and is purchasing a Gulfstream200 and his assistant wants to put together a pic as a gift for him I believe. How did you come up with the serial number?

As for you Doubleu-anker, ease up mate. I just have a simple request for some pics, no need to jump down my throat about my usage of a well known 'aircraft' term.

I have always called them jets, an abbreviated term for jet aircraft.

Much in the same way as the Eclipse is a VLJ - very light JET.

And if my memory serves me Boeing sells a few BBJ's - Boeing Business JET.

The Cessna website has a section devoted to Cessna business JETS.

You get the message!

CH :cool: :ok:

180 Too Fower
17th Jan 2007, 13:25
Well said Capt Hollywood:D

Now doubleu-anker has got me thinking.....maybe I'm going to have to get the company to change it's name as we have the word "Jet" in it:confused:

I remember filling out application forms that had columns titled "Jet" and "Piston" and " Rotory":confused:

Anyway must dash, got to go and fill the jet up with jet A1:E

con-pilot
17th Jan 2007, 15:53
Try Google by the registration letters. I found a picture, that I did not know about, of an aircraft I once flew taken when we were in Beijing.

Kerosine
17th Jan 2007, 16:03
doubleu-anker
Capt Hollywood

You keep mentioning the word jet.

To me the picture you are referring to is an aircraft, the powerplants are probabely jet(s). Would you call a PA 28 aircraft for eg., a "piston" referring only to the powerplant?

Maybe you have spent too much time in Hollywood or been watching too many "topgun" movies.

You pathetic excuse for a person, do you have something lacking in your life?

Do you not say 'movies' when that word probably origionated in hollywood?

He is not a FW pilot, he may not know the tech terms.

It is a 'jet' in laymans terms.

Stop making peoples lives harder

4HolerPoler
17th Jan 2007, 19:43
Chill please guys.

Hollywood is clearly capable of looking after himself and has very capably made that clear to grumpy 'ol doubleu-anker.

I see no reason for any continued righteous b'tchin. Back to the topic. Please.

4HP

Doodlebug
18th Jan 2007, 15:44
Oooh!

Chopper-drivers obviously do something right!

Nice little outfit, too! :}

180 Too Fower
18th Jan 2007, 16:22
I've decided that my Water Jetski is now going to be called a Pistonski because it has not actually got a jet engine at all, I looked last night and in fact it has a piston engine....:hmm: I've been conned....anyway I digress try:

www.airliners.net

Sorry 4HP;)

Micko
20th Jan 2007, 06:57
That B350 VH-HPJ was leased by the Aussie Army for a while a few years back. It had some FLIR stuff but was converted back to a regular 350 and sold off by Hawker Pacific. Hawker Pacific uses the HP prefix in their rego's a lot.

GK430
20th Jan 2007, 18:13
Capt. Hollywood,

Was this Hancock Prospecting/Mining's Falcon?
I remember seeing a photo of it years ago. I think there was one in the Biz-Jet reference book one year. I even went up in the loft to take a look
- flippin :sad: or what, but I have a copy of.....1979's edition and in that Hancock was about to take a Falcon 10.
If there was a photo of HPJ, someone will know who the photographer was.
Google "Brian Gates Bizjet" you might get a lead.

If you're flying in to Avalon during the show and want a photo.....:D

Capt Hollywood
21st Jan 2007, 00:45
Thanks for all the replies, unfortunately I can't seem to find any other images.

GK430, I may be heading to Avalon, hopefully in our jet rather than flying the 130 all the way down. That way I'll be able to enjoy the corporate hospitality!

CH :cool: