PDA

View Full Version : Would you fly for Adam Air?

hoopdreams
17th Jan 2007, 00:19
Just wondering if you were offered an FO position for Adam Air flying jets (or any other airline with dodge safety record) would you take the position?

tinpis
17th Jan 2007, 00:40
Lakukan anda berkata bahasa?

Apakah anda gila?

Up to you......

Green gorilla
17th Jan 2007, 00:44
We still dont know what happened so it could be anything and at the end of the day most companys hide maintenace problems and costs by leasing new airframes every few years.The aircraft could be an ex Aus machine whos to say it was sold with a problems that we dont know about. At the end of the day all pilots will take a risk working in asia the airtraffic control problems flying with crews that are dodge.You want todo your home work on these outfits not just knowing the aeroplane but background information on the company on simple things like do they pay bills on time if you could get that info that is.

hoopdreams
17th Jan 2007, 01:02
Ok picture yourself as an aussie pilot who has been working in GA for quite a while flying metros and the like. You're looking for you're first jet job.

Are you likely to take the first airline job that comes your way, no matter how dodge?

roadrunna
17th Jan 2007, 03:25
Lakukan anda berkata bahasa?

Apakah anda gila?

Up to you......

Siapa yang gila ?

Is Indonesian a requirement?? Didn't know that..

Wanderin_dave
17th Jan 2007, 03:37
Flying clapped out ol' airliners for dodgy operators forcing you to stretch the laws just a bit.

OR

Flying clapped out ol' cessnas for dodgy operators forcing you to stretch the laws just a bit.

Hmmmmm, it's a wonder there aren't more people climbing the greasy pole that way. It is jet time after all and probably quicker than GA to the big boys.

bushy
17th Jan 2007, 03:48
If they are so dodgy, don't fly with any of them.
The 747 that qantas parked at longreach has 95,000 hours on it.

Chimbu chuckles
17th Jan 2007, 03:56
I suppose if you want to make the jump on the ausy guys and dont want to do your time in GA go for it asians need good pilots.

With an attitude like that I strongly recommend you never leave Australia.

Standards are not race specific...I fly with asian pilots all the time as well as other expats. Some of the most pleasant, knowledgable guys I fly with are asian and some of the biggest idiots I fly with are expat:ugh:

Mr.Buzzy
17th Jan 2007, 04:09
NO

bbbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzz

skywest_xr
17th Jan 2007, 07:12
Adam Air is actually the airline that Qantas Group / Jetstar are looking to buy into in order to gain access to their domestic network.

So soon, the much maligned Adam Air will infact be an Australian Airline (sort of) and most likely flying into Australia. No doubt in the form of a Jetstar A320 though.

They opened up a reservation office in Perth 2 years ago with the intent of starting operations to Perth, still hasnt happened though. On the other hand, the office is still there, I beleive.

tinpis
17th Jan 2007, 08:03
Chuck was saying how much nicer some are compared to yer ozzy/kiwi/pommy drop-kick
No argument there

Loyal friends indeed

Green gorilla
17th Jan 2007, 08:29
Yes aviation is full of them:DChuck I was not comparing personalities your right they are on both sides of the fence but our expertise is sorted in asia if you like it or not.

VH-Cheer Up
23rd Feb 2007, 10:01
Check this thread.

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=265099

As of today they seem to be fully grounded.

Brasilian Bird
24th Feb 2007, 15:16
So if AdamAir became part of the QF group, then would that mean technically QF inherit the dodge safety rep?? Won't look too good for the 'world's safest airline' then!! Whoever came up with that idea was stupid, ask any Aussie if they'd go anywhere near anything associated with Adam Air... I reckon 90% at least would tell you"'you're dreamin'!" :}