PDA

View Full Version : ears and eyes

aftab
16th Jan 2007, 21:11
hi,

can anyone please tell me of any good ear drops to help clean out ears and help improve hearing, also what is a good way to keep your eyes healthy and in good condition??

many thnks

aftab

Speed bird 002
17th Jan 2007, 18:49
Hi Aftab its Hayder lol how you doing mate? :8 im currently in Athens, iv paid my deposit to Egnatia Aviation and will be visiting the place on Wednesday to pick up my study pack. Quite looking forward to that ;) ...anyways a bit about the medical, well i took mine like i told you i would on 2nd Jan and it went very well. I was issued the certificate on the day and had the waiting time not been long, the whole examination would have finished in less than 2 hours.

About your concern regarding wax in ear...well to be very honest with you, i had blocked ears the day before and they were slightly blocked on the day and i passed the test. So i dont think you should worry about anything. Regarding the Asthma test, because i know your quite worried about that one, its not bad at all, its all about breathing in a little device and consists of long deapth breath followed by constant fast breaths like you've just seen death around the corner lol. The only thing i was frightened about the examination was the ECG. My ECG was 110 at resting and that was huge..lol the nurse knew i was very nervous so she asked me to relax myself, close my eyes and think about the lovey islands ill be hopping lol :E it actually worked and it went down to about 80 but i know my resting heart rate is well below that.

Dont worry about anything, the eye test is done by a lovely man, really nice guy who makes you feel at ease. He checked my eyes for about 40 mins because i told him that my dad is blind, so he checked for any signs of the same condition my dad has. It all came out negative, and the Doctor who signed the Class 1 certificate confirmed that i had no signs once he reviewed the report. your eyes test wont last more than 20 mins.

Anyways, about eyes...its proven that the colour green is very good for the eyes..so the best thing i would do to improve them is to wake up early and go for a little walk in the park...it will help your eyes.

Ok...i need to run because i have somone bugging me on msn...keep in touch:ok:

Hayder.

Dream Land
18th Jan 2007, 03:34
May I suggest you try ear candles, the Chinese have been using them for hundreds of years, my own experience began with a new roommate, he asked me to aid him in using an ear candle for his ears, we made a small hole in a paper plate and stuck the bottom of the candle about 1 inch through the plate, he laid down on the floor, the candle tip placed in the ear canal and the paper plate protecting from ashes falling, we lit the candle, as it burned down it was circulating warm air through the ear, about 2 inches from the plate we pulled it out, the ear wax had drawn up into the candle, massive amounts, now I do both ears about every six months, works great.

aftab
20th Jan 2007, 15:39
hi,

first of all thanks for your replies.
Hey hayder, hws it goin?? yeh thats really good, good luck with everything.
thanks dreamland but im not to sure if il be able to try that.
There wer some people quite a while back discussing use of different ear drops which can help clean and improve hearing.
Just hoping some1 could shed some more light to this post

aftab

2close
20th Jan 2007, 23:27
Hi Aftab,

I used Otex, off the shelf in any UK pharmacy, for about 3 - 4 days prior to the test and I was surprised how my hearing improved generally.

I had been diagnosed some years earlier as having a little hearing loss in the higher registers (after many years of exposure to loud bangs from guns and stuff) but absolutely nothing showed up at all.

Hope it all goes OK.

2close