PDA

View Full Version : Flying in Chad

capster
16th Jan 2007, 19:05
Hi all,

I am wondering about conditions in Chad at the moment with regards to general flying conditions and also what to expect in N'Djamena ie malaria/water/electricity/internet/cellphones/braai meat. Also the political situation??

Thanks a million in advance for any replies.:yuk:

french_fry
17th Jan 2007, 03:00
Hello Capster,

I spent one whole year flying in Chad (yes that’s right, one whole year:ugh: ) and survived. It really depends on your company. I worked there with good people who took good care of me, so I had good food, internet and all that is required to have a good time.
You can PM or post and let me know who you will work there with, i might be able to fill you in a bit better, there are not many people flying there.

Malaria: 3 months a year (July, august, sept), not all that bad, its a dry area year round.
Water: do not drink the tap water := , bottle water only
Electricity: need a generator.
Internet: That really depends on your company; local internet cafes are available if you have none at home.
Cell phones: very good network can be very expense to call SA or other countries.
Braai meat: go see the butcher at the bistrot; he will hook you up with great meat, no problem there!
POLITICS: like every other African country, s:mad:.

Feel free to let me know if you need any extra info.

Pturn
17th Jan 2007, 07:44
Hello do you have info about AG operator in Tchad? for the coming season
Thanks
Pturn

french_fry
18th Jan 2007, 15:05
they only operation that i know about is down for the sugar cane factory in the south. the guy who i met flying there was alone, house was ok, but i hope you speak fluent french, because not many expats there.

Pturn
18th Jan 2007, 15:40
they only operation that i know about is down for the sugar cane factory in the south. the guy who i met flying there was alone, house was ok, but i hope you speak fluent french, because not many expats there.

Thank you French Fry,

So there is a sugar cane factory in that region that's ok for me. Did you meet the guy a long time ago or more recently? if you have part of his name w'd appreciate.
So long
pturn