PDA

View Full Version : Virginblue/Jetstar Management pay

VH-CPL
16th Jan 2007, 10:34
Following on from the recent rejection of the proposed VirginBlue EBA which was offering a generous 3% increase per year and the extra generous wide body increment received by the Jetstar Pilot group, does anyone have figures on what the Chief pilots' and Flight Ops Department heads' get paid because all the EBA and Work place agreement salaries I have ever seen stop short at check and training captain.

speeeedy
16th Jan 2007, 10:40
CP QF = Just Over $1 Million

VH-CPL
16th Jan 2007, 11:15
So if he gets the 3% we do thats $30000 a year. Ah that's how they work it out. What about J* and VB CP, Head C & T, Ops Mgr. anyone?

sinala1
16th Jan 2007, 21:30
Orangepeel I think VH-CPL's first post contained large amounts of sarcasm :E - at least thats the way I read it

VH-CPL
17th Jan 2007, 06:57
Using generous twice were the only words I used that hinted sarcasm. The question still stands.
does anyone have figures on what the Chief pilots' and Flight Ops Department heads' get paid because all the EBA and Work place agreement salaries I have ever seen stop short at check and training captain.

The Pirate
18th Jan 2007, 00:30
I can tell you that a middle level flt ops manager's salary is easily outstripped by a line captain's due to allowances (and overtime in some airlines.) They are in just for the glory:}

What bearing the larger salaries of the big bosses have on the price of fish in Antwerp I have no idea. But I just know you chaps will bleat on about it anyway, as if it does any good. Maybe it makes you feel better?

But I can also tell you that most of the people up the top are also there for the glory not the money and also because better people just dont want the hassles that go with a very thankless job. Most good managers last less than a year before they burn out or just walk away shaking their heads ....... and what do the leave there? The Dregs! Opportunists and the very Ambitious who only have there own advancement in mind.

I have been there and back and will never go near it again because MOST the people up there are hopeless and are supported by a VERY few good guys who shoulder most of the responsibility and work. These good guys only have their workload increased by the dead wood of the "Glory Boys" who only seek adultation to increase their monsterous eros; not money.

So the bottom line:- dont knock the boys at the top (as I have done) until you have been there and seen the carnage, blood and feathers of a Airline Mangement meeting as the egos surface to do battle..........

Oh and one more thing ..... apart from in QF, guess what airline most of the people I am talking about came from ...................???????

That's why I became a Pirate,

Capt Jack Sparrow.