PDA

View Full Version : It's official.... Emirates raises the pay by 20%

Bypass ratio
15th Jan 2007, 13:55
A mate of mine at EK just received the email.:)

MMSOBGYTAST
15th Jan 2007, 17:46
Tis True. Yeehaa.:D:)

dirty deeds
15th Jan 2007, 18:27
Congrats to you all, this is great news!

Not trying to negative, but trying to get some facts about EK, is it true inflation runs at about 9-10% in the sand pit.

reynoldsno1
15th Jan 2007, 18:40
Is this in anticipation of income tax being introduced in the UAE?

haughtney1
15th Jan 2007, 18:44
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm me wonders how this will effect Jet*'s plans to scoop up a load of disaffected Ozzies currently in the sandpit?

OPT/MAX
15th Jan 2007, 23:27
There goes a nice little influx of guys to any Australian operation which may have been counting on them!!!

boocs
16th Jan 2007, 00:29
Well haughtney,

I can confirm that a friend of mine who left EK to join Jet* International did his 2 flights and is now back with with EK!!!!!!!!!!!

b.

atiuta
16th Jan 2007, 00:55
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=259939

3% of the increase is an annual increment, not for new joiners.

Flying pay doesn't attract pension contributions and won't be paid unless you are flying. 800hrs x 35 ~ 10% increase. So it's closer to a 16% increase. Still, better than a poke in the eye though.

Looked at the exchange rate or inflation recently?

Not saying it's a bad deal, but do your home work first.

Aussie
16th Jan 2007, 12:56
Anyone think it will actually make a difference?

Aussie

Vorsicht
16th Jan 2007, 13:18
Dont get too excited fellas. It wont change much. Plenty of guys still looking to come back to Oz. Money not necessarily being a deciding factor.

The pay increase may look good to an outsider, but it is really too little too late to make a serious impact on how people are thinking.

V

ShockWave
16th Jan 2007, 13:39
"Think it will make a difference?"

To those that stay it will go partly to offsetting the inflation that has occured in Dubai over the last few years.

To those that are fed up with risking there lives (or families)every time they have to drive some where it will not matter.
Most here now belive the best option is to:
Do the time, enjoy what is on offer, tick some boxes, and when it all becomes too hard, move on before something nasty happens to you.

Most guys who are leaving or going to leave EK are not doing it for money, simply that the money no longer compensates them for the change of address. Rapid expansion is great for promotions and career satisfaction but also takes its toll on the people who make it possible when you constantly flogg them to the point of fatigue. Burn out is a huge proplem and with no end in sight to the madness, guys will still leave.

Offchocks
16th Jan 2007, 21:12
"Rapid expansion is great for promotions and career satisfaction but also takes its toll on the people who make it possible when you constantly flogg them to the point of fatigue. Burn out is a huge proplem and with no end in sight to the madness, guys will still leave.

Perhaps they need to have a look at the conditions Jet* International could be working under! Oz may be a nice place to live but the work remuneration and conditions are going down the tubes.

ShockWave
17th Jan 2007, 02:06
You are certainly right. I am not suggesting that working for J* is a better option or any other Oz company for that matter. It is just that after a while we all need a change. There are very few things worth dying for, a job in Dubai is not one of them.