PDA

View Full Version : where did they all go?

tinpis
15th Jan 2007, 00:27
All the little bugsmashers in Darwhine?
Useda hear em taking off once upon a time now there is bugger all....has everyone shut up shop?:confused:

Ratshit
15th Jan 2007, 00:47
All the little bugsmashers in Darwhine?
Useda hear em taking off once upon a time now there is bugger all....has everyone shut up shop?:confused:

tinpis - the same question could be asked of many aerodromes around Oz!

R:cool:

tinpis
15th Jan 2007, 00:51
I never go near the airport it just so happens my office is not far from the Bagot road threshold
It occurred to me the other day bugger me no little hairyplanes ??? :uhoh: :ooh:
Usda be exciting when we had dead stick Chieftans and Bandits plunkin down al l over the place :p

Xcel
15th Jan 2007, 15:08
perhaps they are avoiding your noise sensitive area... :}

or maybe we need some rain in the communities and shut some roads to get some work going...

tinpis
15th Jan 2007, 23:55
Right under the app.

Oh....there goes a little 210 now.....
Was Bandits Twotters Barons 402 ,dont tell me they all stopped when someone had a career change to the animal shelter? :hmm:

thinking pilot
16th Jan 2007, 03:38
When I arrived in Darwin at the end of 98 I worked for Hardy, I don't think their fleet has changed much.

Wak Waks, Wimray, NAC, no longer exist.

Wimray had a lot of work in those days, they would crosshire NAC and Hardy aircraft, mostly single engine stuff.

Airnorth had pistons running all over the place as well. They also crosshired Hardy aircraft.

The good old days

Xcel
16th Jan 2007, 09:18
tinpis dont think stefan has that much of an effect.

batchelor college doesntstart again until feb and no tourists could help.

wrongwayaround
16th Jan 2007, 11:29
'lo tin

go ter broome-town camp i hear still lotta small hairy planes gettin round that joint ;)

The Voice
16th Jan 2007, 23:00
p'raps they're leaving outside of your 'normal' office hours Tinned One?

Inbound On Descent
17th Jan 2007, 05:50
I did a tiny bit of bugsmasher flying with Darwin Aero Club on the southside many moons ago...have spent the last little bit in GA deserts (TL, WLM) and couldn't help but notice the (relative) abundance of bugsmasheraction whilst in Darwin for Christmas (boxing day - pissing down pickhandles !)....

its all relative Tinnie....

Inbound :ok:

tinpis
17th Jan 2007, 21:14
Tin has moved his office here (http://www.ntnews.news.com.au/printpage/0,5942,21073018,00.html)
Look out for the blue tarp amongst the coconuts on finals for 11
Be sure to drop any spare greenies :ok:

kingtoad
18th Jan 2007, 03:50
Mi bin tingting u spak long SP tasol!

tinpis
19th Jan 2007, 02:34
JaYsus ! that was :uhoh: nice a QueenAir bellowing right over me head !

gaunty
19th Jan 2007, 06:31
Ullp.:uhoh: Tin mate, recently shifted my wurly to a nuther part of the reserve, that being under the downwind leg of tother runway.

JaYsus ! that was nice a QueenAir bellowing right over me head ! 5:00am thort I wuz having a nightmare I was sure they had all gone to heaven, woke tottered out onto the balcony to see one crackling off onto base. :eek: Became a re'glar affair it did.:ugh:

Anyroad caught up with it at the airport tother day, nice young bloke flying night freight Perth Hedland Perth 5:00am returning home to roost at sparrows.

They'd exchanged the blown 6 cyl 470's? for 8 cyl thingummys and they work a treat. The old girl looked like she'd seen better days but was happy earning an honest living carting the mail and stuff.

tinpis
19th Jan 2007, 19:32
If everything is working in a Queen gaunty its a gentlemans carriage

On another note I was watching FA18 take off in the stormy weather and wondered is it possible for the on-board radar to be used for WX or do they just bump into it?