PDA

View Full Version : Deso Experience Requirement

dynamicd
14th Jan 2007, 18:05
I hold both a CplH and CplA.An opportunity to fly a large multicrew helicopter has come my way.I would like to know if hours on helicopters are useful towards an application for the DESO.Or is it better to decline the offer and wait for a fixed wing job?comments and suggestions appreciated.My longterm goal is to fly for an international airline.

dragon501
15th Jan 2007, 07:17
NEVER decline any job that comes your way with your experience, if you have a choice fair enough but otherwise.. Sitting at home def doesn't get you the experience...

Cheers

dynamicd
17th Jan 2007, 07:22
Thanks dragon 501.I would like to know if helicopter hours are regarded in the fixedwing world especially the airlines anyone?

nike
18th Jan 2007, 02:47
Why not contact a few airlines that you are interested in and ask them directly? Emails are great.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am interested in applying to your airline for the position of *******. The majority of my flight experience is rotary. Will this affect my application being successful?

Yours Faithfully,

Or some such. It's been 3 days since your first post and no answer yet, you'd probably have a reply from most recruitment departments in 3 days, and for the most part you're only going to get an opinion rather than an accurate answer here on PPRuNe.

Straight from the horse's mouth is what you need to base what is a big decision (turning down what sounds like a good job) at your career stage.

Anyway, just a thought. Good Luck.

dynamicd
18th Jan 2007, 07:02
Thanks nike will do just that will let you know how it goes.