PDA

View Full Version : QR - "No pre-flight checks" .. is this true?

Surfside
14th Jan 2007, 09:35
I found this on a customer survey web-site...

We had to wait in the bus while the cleaning staff cleaned our aircraft, they don't idle the aircraft as they want quick turn over of flights and no pre flight checks! The engins still run from the previous flight! I will pay a lot more to fly a decent airline, lesson learned!!!! DON'T FLY QATAR airways!!!! I don't feel safe anyway on this airline..."

Does QR really do this?

mutt
14th Jan 2007, 12:11
Don't believe all that you read on the internet...... apart from Pprune of course..:):)

Mutt

ironbutt57
14th Jan 2007, 12:34
As you exited the bus, you heard the apu running it is a small jet engine in the tail which provides electricity to the airplane and air for the airconditioning...sometimes the boarding agents put the passengers on the bus to get rid of them before the crew are ready to accept boarding...irresponsible yes, uncommon no...no the engines are not running this costs money :} :ok: ...especially if a passenger gets sucked into one..this will delay the flight as the person's bag has to be located and removed...and their remains washed from the engine...we cant have delays can we??

note..I dont work at Qatar Airways, but have ridden on them many times, and never felt them to be unsafe in any respect..in fact the planes were so well groomed and kept you could eat off the lav floor...and the lovely asian cabin crew..mmm yummy...:ok: but it is a pain as a passenger to wait in the bus when the boarding agents just couldn't be bothered to look after us until the crew/aircraft was ready....and this happens at every airport I've ever been to where a remote parking area.(no airbridge/jetway) was available...

Qatar ATC
14th Jan 2007, 13:21
Hi there,

No offence but that is basicly heap of bull$*** , QR does the walk around in every flight. If you don't belive me either try them OR check out their video in JustPlanes where it will show that they DO the walk around.

To the guy ( original poster of the comment not thread ) Perhaps you like EK more ? But stop attacking QR guys.

Regards,
Qatar ATC

A300Man-2005
14th Jan 2007, 14:18
...especially if a passenger gets sucked into one..this will delay the flight as the person's bag has to be located and removed...and their remains washed from the engine...we cant have delays can we??

Hilarious!! Nice one ironbutt!

Ready
14th Jan 2007, 14:28
In windy conditions and depending where the wind is coming from, although the engine is shut down, the "Fan" at the front of the engine could be turning. This is very normal.
So, while boarding and walking right in front of it, the non-pilot pax could be misled. Plus, if fairly close, it's a bit noisy as well, maybe giving the false impression that it is actually running.

Desert Diner
14th Jan 2007, 15:16
I will pay a lot more to fly a decent airline, lesson learned!!!! DON'T FLY QATAR airways!!!! I don't feel safe anyway on this airline..."

Sound's like he may be a bit biased:rolleyes:

apaddyinuk
14th Jan 2007, 16:26
Mate, Im usually rather critical of QR and with good reason...But yeah, this is bull!!!
Their safety standards are as good as your going to get down that neck of the woods!

4HolerPoler
14th Jan 2007, 16:55
What a load of crap. Thread closed if you don't mind.

4HP