PDA

View Full Version : British International S-61n At Norwich

ColinH
13th Jan 2007, 22:22
Does anybody know what the BRINTEL S-61N is currently doing at Norwich. It appears to be based there at the present time but is hangared with the light aircraft in one of their hangars! Registration G-ATFM.

Cheers.

Colin Hunn
Norwich

Geoffersincornwall
14th Jan 2007, 16:07
The Bitish International S61 is on contract to one of the SNS offshore oil/gas companies - helping out. Capacity has been a bit short lately.... but that's another story.

G

:ok:

doshgone
14th Jan 2007, 17:03
Being used by Perenco to support existing aircraft in the Inde Field.....

Hilock
14th Jan 2007, 19:38
Not known as BRINTEL anymore, that was a by gone era

simfly
14th Jan 2007, 20:11
G-ATFM arrived at Norwich last weekend, it has been a very busy big bee recently having spent a few months on contract to Bristow. It was the cover for the aircraft that rolled over up in Scatsta which is now back in service. They did a grand job too! :ok:

biggdav
14th Jan 2007, 22:18
I was working on an oil rig off Donegal Ireland last year and that was the Helo used. The rig is going to be working there again pretty soon i think so i assume it will be over there again.

excrewingbod
14th Jan 2007, 23:18
Here is a pic of the old girl, departing ABZ last Saturday (6th Jan) as she continued her long journey south, from Shetland.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/DarrenBe/EGPD/2007/Jan_06/GATFM001.jpg

verticalhold
15th Jan 2007, 08:33
Lovely to see the old girl still doing the job. Have many happy memories of flying her and her sisters. Still my favourite out of all the helicopters I've flown. A proper gentlemans airborne conveyance:ok: