PDA

View Full Version : Beech 200 Type Rating

Life's a Beech
13th Jan 2007, 22:21
I'm looking to do a Kingair 90/200 type rating. The company that looks the best value usually does the course in German, but is willing to run it in English if they have a few participants. While I am still not sure if that is the route I will take, I was wondering if there was anyone here who needed a type rating, or who knows anyone who does.

I know someone who has done the course, and it is quite a decent school.

G-SPOTs Lost
14th Jan 2007, 09:51
Have you looked into Martin Barnes's operation at Bristol, he does training for other operators and may be able to place you afterwards.

Germanys a long way to go for a TR, especially if you are paying

Life's a Beech
14th Jan 2007, 11:49
I know of the courses in the UK, but they are all rather expensive, doing the course on aircraft rather than sim (unless Farnborough is cheaper, can't find the price). The one in Germany uses a sim for most of the course, with a C90 for the rest.

Placement after the course is not a problem for me. I would suggest that in the current climate it would not be a huge issue for any decent pilot, especially with the hours to fly single-crew.

Awyrennwr
17th Jan 2007, 18:27
I've recently done mine,

Flight Safety at Farnborough will do one for about £7500 +VAT, that includes all the ground school, sim training (12 hours) and the examiner and sim for the LST.
(You will then need 4 or 6 circuits in the aircraft to validate the rating).

Brilliant course, highly recomended. They use a Level D full motion sim and have fantastic classrooms, breifing and de-briefing facilities. (Great instructors aswell).

You need to talk to the marketing department to get a price, and then to the course co-ordinator to get a booking.

Hope this helps.

Life's a Beech
18th Jan 2007, 19:49
Thanks Awyrennwr, they might go for that, although it is still a lot more than the German place, and I'm still interested if anyone else wants the rating. The circuits are not a problem, my future employer has a Kingair and a TRI/TRE available.

eyeinthesky
19th Jan 2007, 10:20
Does the Flight Safety course (or, for that matter the German option) include the MCC rating as part of the type rating?

B200Drvr
19th Jan 2007, 11:54
It amazes me the FSI UK charges the same for a Be20 rating on a level D sim (12hours) as a well known US facility charges for a HS125 800XP P1 rating!!! (32 hours)
Furthermore you then have to go and fly 4-6 circuits in the aeroplane!!!
You will get paid more for flying co-jo on a 800xp than for p1 on a 200 and I bet the jobs are easier to come by!!

fizzzz
23rd Jan 2007, 22:50
The average price in France is about 8000Euros (7000E for the minimum price) for a B90+ 1200E for the -200.
No sim, all the Tr is done on the aircraft.

Life's a Beech
24th Jan 2007, 22:21
fizzzzzzzzzz

Any chance you could name some companies? It seems very difficult to find if you don't know the training systems, I cannot work out search terms on Google that give useful results! I'd prefer France, as I speak the language better. Actually it is the 90 I need, and €7-8000 does not seem too bad.

fizzzz
24th Jan 2007, 22:47
The cheapest one is Air Form, 7000 E. http://www.rform.org/,
You'll make your TR in La Rochelle in this center wwww.aunis.com (http://www.aunisair.com/navigation.html) and you have a 30 hours "line training" including in the price.
You also have a company in Toussus Le Noble near Paris that can propose you a TR for 8000 Euros, and a possibility of a 3 months contract if you live near the airfield.
The name company is Taxi Air Fret, no website, phone number +33 139.56.87.55
If you want to investigate:http://www.aviation-civile.gouv.fr/html/prospace/exam/ecoles_formations/formpilo/pdf/ecform.pdf
Good luck.

Life's a Beech
25th Jan 2007, 22:10
Thanks a lot! The work is there for the taking, it was a type rating at a price the company will stump up without bonding me for life I wanted to find. You're a star, fizzzzz.

fizzzz
26th Jan 2007, 23:22
No prob!
Good luck!!!

vallen
8th Mar 2007, 10:31
Thanks for the very good posting, i will give them a call. has anyone gone to them this year?

5 RINGS
8th Mar 2007, 17:36
Life's a beech,

sorry but I have to comment you've got no chance to get your TR out of a French organisation...they simply won't be able to provide this course in your mother tongue, not to mention the fact that the French CAA denies the right to French TREs/CREs to sign up any JAR issued licences but French ones.

IMHO, FSI Fab or Bristol are your best options.

Best of luck!

5 Rings

Life's a Beech
8th Mar 2007, 18:32
Thanks. It's all delayed now if at all, so Germany is back in the running. Interesting that the DGAC put those restrictions on, since it is against JARs. Shame someone with more to lose (or more Toulouse, perhaps? Some TRTOs mustn't like it) doesn't take them to court.

Then of course someone would provide the course in English, as that would allow them to teach people from all over Europe. Even in France they have capitalism, however much they deny it!

vallen
9th Mar 2007, 09:44
Thanks i have had the stone wall treatment already. I will talk with them both but i am very cash sensitive if you get my drift.

fizzzz
15th Mar 2007, 23:07
"Life's a beech,

sorry but I have to comment you've got no chance to get your TR out of a French organisation...they simply won't be able to provide this course in your mother tongue, not to mention the fact that the French CAA denies the right to French TREs/CREs to sign up any JAR issued licences but French ones.

IMHO, FSI Fab or Bristol are your best options.

Best of luck!

5 Rings"

I'm a french citizen and I have followed my IR course in english in France, same for my MCC.
There are more than 80% of foreign pilots in a TRTO like Flight Safety Le Bourget.
Do you really think tht all these guys follow their training to get no stamp on their licence?