PDA

View Full Version : Another Easy Question

miles offtarget
13th Jan 2007, 20:54
Hello,
Can anyone tell me which of the easyJet destinations have crew based at them; I currently fly the Boeing bomber, so assume that it's just Luton and Teeside for me, unless I re type rate on the airbus; however should I join easy in the current climate, what would be the chances of being based in France or Italy ?

Thanks in advance,

Miles Off-Target

Scottie
14th Jan 2007, 20:51
Boeing - LTN, BFS & NCL

Airbus - STN, LGW, BRS, LPL, EMA, LPL, GLA, EDI, ORY, DTM, SXF, MXP, MAD.

Not sure if you'd get on the airbus as they appear to be short of Captains on the Boeing. However once in you can join the transfer list for the base you're interested in. When you are number one they should retype you and transfer you to that base.

Bear in mind the longer you are out of easyJet the longer the waiting lists for the bases are getting. Some bases have in the region of 19 people on them. For 3-4 aircraft bases you could be looking at 3 years out of base......

Earlier you're in the quicker your transfer will be :ok:

THRILLSEEKER
15th Jan 2007, 04:14
Which EZY bases have the longest waiting lists?

Being a cadet with CTC means here is a high possibility of me being placed with EZY.

I would like to get EMA if I am to be with EZY, how likely would this be as a new FO?

Cheers

Thrillseeker :cool:

Scottie
15th Jan 2007, 07:39
Not sure about FO's but for Captains I know of 19 on the waiting list. So there will be a waiting list. How big I don't know.

miles offtarget
15th Jan 2007, 16:26
Thanks Scottie,

Although I'm actually quite happy with the company that I am with at present: opportunities for living outside of the UK have evaporated over the last few months and I'd very much like to move to France or Italy within a few years.

With easyJet taking delivery of a new Airbus every 10 days next year it's only a matter of time before we're all either orange, or working for that lunatic in Ireland. (and I know which I'd prefer!).

Cheers,

MoT

localiserreborn
15th Jan 2007, 16:34
Does anybody know about ORY if this kind of info is available?

Cheers,

Loc
:ok:

Established34
15th Jan 2007, 19:14
Does anyone know how the easy team work on a day to day basis to pick out applications from the computer. There must be a lot to sift through?

Regards

Coppi
21st Jan 2007, 18:31
Hi everyone,

Lately there had been quite a discussion on the different terms and conditions that would apply for the Madrid based pilots. Any news on the final terms yet?
Will easy Spain be a different AOC after all?

Rippa
24th Jan 2007, 21:18
Hello All,

I am trying to get in touch with someone at EJ, regarding entry req. Is there an email that I could try contact? I already checked out the web site, but I still have some questions...I would appreciate if someone could help me on this.

Rgs

Telstar
7th Feb 2007, 11:39
Any idea what the usual response time from Easyjet is once an online application is sent through their website? I sent mine last month and got an automated response saying that it had been recieved but never heard anything after that.

I was told at by an Easyjet instructor who I met at a sim center that Pilots such as myself with hours on type were much in demand with the rating that I have. I seem to have the hours required also. I can't really understand why they wouldn't answer. I would like to point out that I know well that I am not entitled to a response, nor am I an egomaniac!

I am presuming a recomendation is the way to get in?

MorningGlory
9th Feb 2007, 10:51
I think they do take their time. As you can imagine though, they are in high demand and do receive a huge amount of applications.

As with all jobs, if you know a training captain there, it may not help but it certainly won't do you any harm..

deep flyer
9th Feb 2007, 11:14
It took 3 month to get a "sorry, you are not qualified...."
I am flying Fokker 100`s as Commander with more than 10.000hrs including TRI / TRE hrs. Beside I hold an (current) A320 rating.
I don`t know what you can expect, but wish you the best.

angelorange
9th Feb 2007, 11:16
Six years!

silverhawk
9th Feb 2007, 11:19
Since the ad this week in Flight, I would think they will be inundated.

LAX
9th Feb 2007, 12:52
Applied April 2006. June 2006 - email saying through to the next stage. October 2006 - they called saying can you come for assesment by which time i had another job.

Guess they are swompted with applications. Be patient.

braking action poor
9th Feb 2007, 13:05
Two collegues of mine got invitation to an interview within 4 weeks of applying.

Its all down to a bit of luck, as always in this industry...:suspect:

cheesypeas
9th Feb 2007, 13:16
I have heard colleagues get interviews from 3 weeks to 9 months after submitting their applications!

ICING AOA
10th Feb 2007, 09:51
I think there are many factors at the moment which I guess are the following:

* lots of applicants sending their form every week
* recruitment team is very small
* simulators are completely full 24/24
* urgent need for captain based at Belfast, Luton, Madrid
* they dont like candidated to be too old
* they prefere Cadets and TRSS guys so they can make a lot of money with CTC,

good luck

Bad Robot
10th Feb 2007, 10:56
* they dont like candidated to be too old

Isn't this now Illegal? What about the new Age discrimination laws that have come in just recently?

BR.:hmm:

blanza
15th Feb 2007, 14:46
i took my assesment in 18 and 19 of jannuary, i haven´t been contact since that, does anybody knows how long it takes to give you a response?

Bad Robot
15th Feb 2007, 19:26
There is a 5 month back log apparently. :{

Thank you Bacon /Flybe. :ugh:

BR.

The Flying Cokeman
15th Feb 2007, 20:11
I don't know much about how the application process works or how long the applications are backlogged- but for info I can tell that I have just received an internal letter saying that EZY needs to recruit 426 pilots before Sep 2007. More than 350 have already been contracted and secured on training courses so it looks like they only need to find 70 more pilots.

UP and Down Operator
15th Feb 2007, 21:04
They called me 8-10 days after my assesment with a job offer.

Right Touch
15th Feb 2007, 23:02
Interestlingly enough, the internal letter also stated that of the 350 contracted so far, 23% were internal recommendations from existing EJ Pilots.

obviously helps to know someone on the inside.

ICING AOA
15th Feb 2007, 23:40
Interestlingly enough, the internal letter also stated that of the 350 contracted so far, 23% were internal recommendations from existing EJ Pilots.

obviously helps to know someone on the inside.

well, may we conclude then that 77% of those 350 new joiners had NO recomendation :D :} :D

70 pilots to hire in so many months is a ridiculous figure indeed :yuk:

Best of luck !

16th Feb 2007, 08:00
70 Pilots to hire in 'so many months'

What's ridiculous about that?

The Flying Cokeman
16th Feb 2007, 08:23
ICING AOA,
The figure you talk about isn't correct. The 23% of the annual recruitment target is from recommendation -but that is people who have a starting date.
I can inform you that a total of 304 recommendations have been received, 56 waiting to be screened, 120 are scheduled to attend selection, 30 have been rejected - Finally 98 HAVE PASSED and ARE CONTRACTED with firm start dates = 23%
So the final figure might be much higher than 23% at the end of the year.
As 5150 says, "Whats rediculous about recruiting further 70 pilots"? You won't see many european airlines hire the same amount of pilots in that period :ugh:
TFCM

The Red Max
16th Feb 2007, 14:25
This went up on ppjn yesterday;

"Outlook:
After having recruited 370 new pilots, easyJet needs only 50 (FIFTY) people from today until at least next October 2007. The expansion seems to slowing down by now."

Anyone out there know how accurate this is?

The Flying Cokeman
16th Feb 2007, 14:32
See other thread

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=260034

Right Touch
16th Feb 2007, 16:20
Thanks Flying Cokeman For pointing out the overall figures :ok:

Sheez some people are never happy !!!! :ugh: :)

Coppi
16th Feb 2007, 20:51
Is it true that if one's initial base is Gatwick and he/she does the type conversion course at CAE Burgess Hill one is not entitled to hotac during the course as one is considered to be at his/her home base already?

Bad Robot
17th Feb 2007, 07:08
I didn't think you were allocated a Base untill after the training.

BR.

Marvo
17th Feb 2007, 07:20
I am to be based at LGW and on a course soon that is running at CAE (Coppi are you on it too?....another ex FR driver!) I live the other side of Gatwick and travelling to and from Burgess Hill will take me one and a half hours each way during rush hour at least. I recieved a phone call asking if I would like hotel accomodation ! It's a must during the ground school..

Coppi
17th Feb 2007, 09:36
Hi Marvo,
I will be on the CAE course yes, though not ex FR, thank god! I was lucky enough to be spared this experience.
Cheers,

orangetree
17th Feb 2007, 13:17
Firstly you should be allocated a base before you start training. They used to keep you waiting until 1 month before your start date. I would imagine that if based at LGW then you may not get hotac for a CAE course..but then again thats what BA and BMI do at LHR. As for only 50 pilots needing recruited, you seem to have forgotten that this company is expanding at circa 15% pa. That will mean an ongoing requirement for hundreds of pilots. Recruitment will only be constrained by the training department's ability to get them online. They're even assessing pencil jet capt's now for DEC. That would suggest the company has a large requirement on its hands.

Permafrost_ATPL
19th Feb 2007, 17:30
Firstly you should be allocated a base before you start training. They used to keep you waiting until 1 month before your start date.

Take the base allocation with a pinch of salt though. I was told two months before the Refresher Course that I would be based at LTN. When I sat down on the first day of said Refresher Course, I opened my starter pack and it said "Welcome to Belfast" :p

Only took a few months to get transfered to LTN though, so no complains. I could even use the jumpseat to get back home when the flight was full. The hiring requirements seem to be so dynamic that I don't think they can really commit to a base until you actually start.

P

blanza
20th Feb 2007, 00:35
few months ago, after the anouncment by ezy to stablish a base in MAD, i start looking for info regarding life style, rostering... this was how i found pprune, i ask for some opinion in different forum and i decide to apply, i wan´t to thank to all that gave me advice, or info about the assesment, i was quite illusionated of being a part of something new from the beggining, but this morning, one month after my assesment i´ve called the flight recruitment, and told me that it was unsucesfull, pretty painfull, my proffesional pride it´s a litttle harm, i´dont think i can reapply in six months because i dont think i´m going to do any better then, i did my best, but looks like was not enaught, i allready have requested a type conversion to A320 in my company and at least i´ll have new destination, and new proffesional dares, thanks again to all that replay my post, and best wisshes

BMed Boy
20th Feb 2007, 09:21
What are the Easy roster patterns? Is it 5-4-5-3, or did I read somewhere it was going to 5-4-5-4 ?
Also what is the chance of getting BRS base DEC?
Thanks.

A4
20th Feb 2007, 11:13
BMED,
Roster pattern is fixed at 5-3-5-4 with 3 off after the 5 earlies. 5-4-5-4 is to be considered by Company/Union after this summer - but nothing is certain yet. Twice a year you have a 4 week "reserve" period. This is theoretically a month of standby and you're used as required. Historically though it has ended up as a full rotered month a la CAP371! This should start to improve now though as the crew establishment comes up to the required levels. As for DEC to BRS - I think there's a waiting list and you'll have to do some time at LGW.

The environment at easy has improved significantly over the last 12 months and hopefully should continue to do so. Expansion is continuing at a moderate 15% per annum - so plenty of opportunities for progression with the Company. Yes we work hard - but so do many other companies these days. As a skipper you'll gross £90k+ and share schemes are available.

Good luck

A4

BMed Boy
20th Feb 2007, 11:22
Thanks for the reply A4. Is the reserve period 5-4-5-3 too or does it break the sequence? Also I assume that when you take leave you only need to take 5 days out of your 20 annual leave to get 5+4+3 = 12 days off. How do bank holidays figure?
Thanks again.

Permafrost_ATPL
20th Feb 2007, 12:05
I assume that when you take leave you only need to take 5 days out of your 20 annual leave to get 5+4+3 = 12 days off.

Correct

How do bank holidays figure

They are not seen as special days (i.e. no extra day off for working on a bank holiday)

From A4 Twice a year you have a 4 week "reserve" period

The duty cycle is a 21 week block, the first 17 of which are 5-4-5-3 and the last 4 weeks are "reserve" (random-ish) roster. So within a period of 12 months, you can have 2 or 3 reserve periods (depending on the 12 months that you pick). And if you're bored at home with a sore throat, like I am, you can grab your calculator and find out that the average is 2.4 reserve periods a year :\

P

buswind
20th Feb 2007, 20:05
any info an easyjet interviews/direct entry capt.?

Kraut
20th Feb 2007, 21:29
You realy believe you get more answers if you have this question published twice?:confused:

buswind
20th Feb 2007, 21:48
yah! for guys like you. If you what I mean!

Kraut
21st Feb 2007, 14:42
I recognize, you are looking deeply into "assessment aspects"!:rolleyes:

Visionman
22nd Feb 2007, 14:18
Hello,could anyone tell how much is the payment for F/O B 737 with 3000 on type and also the cost of renting some place for B737 bases if working for easy?Thanks!

UP and Down Operator
22nd Feb 2007, 17:14
Try www.easyjet.com (http://www.easyjet.com)

That might be a good idea anyway before you apply :hmm:

Visionman
25th Feb 2007, 15:46
I did apply,iwas called after 10 days for assesment day,i received sim program,questionaire and everything via e mail,I did sent them back but and I m pretty sure that I would have passed the sim but I cancelled everything few days before assesment because of UK base,because I know UK is very very expensive.Is this right?If any F\O UK based around please let me know What could be the quality of life for a young family with 2 kids.Thanks!

UP and Down Operator
25th Feb 2007, 16:48
Hmm, how did you get to know you would have UK base already a few days BEFORE your sim assesment??

Everyone i know, myself included, am not being told until 1 month before the training course start = 2 month AFTER the assesment where we will be based :hmm:

Did we miss a loop-hole somewhere?? :hmm:

orangetree
25th Feb 2007, 17:05
Probably the loophole resulting from the fact the 737 is only based in the UK. My colleagues on it would gladly have it sent off to Europe though..perhaps you should suggest it :hmm:

Kraut
25th Feb 2007, 17:24
I think the 737 is well placed at the island, which is known to be a little conservative.
Additionally, you may have noticed, that germany has a lot of trouble with AIRBUS INDUSTRIES at the time beeing.

So, everything is well balanced with the present status!:) :)

TRon
25th Feb 2007, 23:11
You dont have to take a 737 position. You can say you want airbus and you will just be bonded for the rating, that said if you are 73 rated I should imagine they will want to get you on that. Las tI heard they only need 70 more guys this round so I am not sure quite how much barganing power you get, but you wont know unless you go.

Bank on a reasonable house for a family of 2 costing all in bills circa £1000. Take home around £3-3300 on an average month, less on leave. More if you are based in europe where the tax situation is still in force.

Hope this helps.

Bad Robot
26th Feb 2007, 00:17
Wow!!! I'd love to negotiate, tell me more.

First, an interview would be nice though:ugh:

BR.

Visionman
26th Feb 2007, 06:46
Yes,you are right,I m B737 300/900 rated with more than 3000 on type and I will not accept a bond for A320 type rating.That s why I know my base should have been UK.I m stuck with my company regarding promotion(small national carrier) and i was thinkink moving out.Thanks all for informations!