PDA

View Full Version : EZY TRSS how long to get paid?

FatFlyer
13th Jan 2007, 08:53
Hi,
Been offered place on TRSS as no heavy jet time, pay starts from pre base training.
I am keen to work for EZY but too long with no pay is difficult. How long is it from starting with CTC to getting first pay check?
many thanks
FF

abracadabra
13th Jan 2007, 09:08
You 'join' easyjet on your induction day (the day before you go down to CTC normally), but your details are not passed to the payroll department until you have finished your pre-base-training simulator session. This is your last day in the sim and occurs after you have done your LST. Once you have successfully done all that you will be included in the payroll system from that day.

However! I believe the cut-off date is the 10th of the month or something, so if you do your pre-base-training detail on the 15th of January, for example, you will start earning money from that date but will not actually receive a paycheck until the end of February.........(When you do it will be for all of Feb and half of Jan.)

So it's a long time to wait.

Luke SkyToddler
13th Jan 2007, 12:07
That's the problem, exactly as the above poster said, it depends on when your final sim is scheduled. If you're lucky you could get your first paycheck after 7 - 8 weeks, if you're unlucky could be 3 1/2 months.

Also bear in mind that flight pay is paid a month in arrears so your first paycheck is not going to have any flight pay in it, it will be a few hundred quid less than you might have otherwise expected.

silverhawk
13th Jan 2007, 13:16
The whole TRSS scheme is scandalous, but while the market will allow it, it will continue.

The hard fact is we have brought this on ourselves.

I wish I'd come up with the idea of running a business and using my staff to bolster my profits by charging them for working for me.

Out of interest which UK operator charges the most for its TRSS scheme? Which rips off its own staff the most?