PDA

View Full Version : CX quality of life

MMA757
12th Jan 2007, 19:59
I have a few questions on quality of life for US freighter base with Cathay. I am sure then have been asked before, o'well i will ask again. What are the schedules like, as far as days on/off? Are the bids monthly hard line or is it a preferential bidding system? How long can one expect to be on rsv? Do many commute, if so how? jumpseat/purchase ticket. As a new hire what base could i expect to be put in and is it easy to change bases within the US? How long to make command for US freighter? Sorry if these have been asked over and over. Thanks! :ugh:

Thunderbird4
12th Jan 2007, 20:35
MMA, welcome to pprune.
For your next trick learn to use the search function. All the info you seek and more is covered in elaborate detail.

Enjoy.

cpdude
12th Jan 2007, 20:38
I have a few questions on quality of life for US freighter base with Cathay. I am sure then have been asked before, o'well i will ask again. What are the schedules like, as far as days on/off? Are the bids monthly hard line or is it a preferential bidding system? How long can one expect to be on rsv? Do many commute, if so how? jumpseat/purchase ticket. As a new hire what base could i expect to be put in and is it easy to change bases within the US? How long to make command for US freighter? Sorry if these have been asked over and over. Thanks! :ugh:
Hmmm, not trying to be funny but I'll be brief.

Schedules are crap. You could be 5-12 days on then 3-5 days off before you go again. No set standard. NO BIDDING. You get and fly the crap your given. Many changes occur every month. Rsv is given to the most senior down to the newbie. No pattern here either you just get what you get. Bases I believe are JFK, LAX and ANC. If there are vacancies then you can change bases. Most commute...no jumpseats as tickets at your cost. Time to command depends on if they like you! Could be 2 years to 10 years.:bored:

The Kook
14th Jan 2007, 01:19
MMA, welcome to pprune.
For your next trick learn to use the search function. All the info you seek and more is covered in elaborate detail.
Enjoy.
Why is this the answer to 90% of the questions asked here? Could I do a search to find the answer?

The Kook
14th Jan 2007, 01:34

So you dont have to learn to search.
Schedules vary, but typical days off are 16-20 depending on base and time of year. January is slow. Line of times are made not bid. You can make day off requests but it is just that, a request. N. A. flying is the same. eg. LAX-SFO-ANC, layover, ANC-HKG, layover, HKG-ANC, layover, ANC-LAX done. Some patterns stay in the US, some patterns have long layovers in HK for sims, medical, training ect. Patterns can be from 3-7 days. Reserve days are incorporated in a monthly sked. You wont always have them and you wont always be used. So there is no "reserve line" you have a fixed sked right out of training. ID90 and full fare travel are the norm. You may get a jumpseat on some carriers but dont count on it. Southwest is good and I hear we are still on the USAir list. Dont know how many commute. I suspect it is a lot, I have a very short commute and soon not to have one at all. I dont know how easy it is to change a base. Upgrade depends on too many things. However, it could be very short if things went your way, 2-3 years. They need captains, however, I think they would park planes before they upgraded someone who did not "qualify". Hope this helps

A/T less
14th Jan 2007, 04:25
Why is this the answer to 90% of the questions asked here? Could I do a search to find the answer?

Because most on here are anal brits, gate keepers of pprune.

Myway or the highway
14th Jan 2007, 04:34
A/T less

re the anal brits as the gate keepers of pprune, well said, about time the truth was told

chow:D :D

funkymonk
14th Jan 2007, 05:19
Hilarious!

We could use some more kooks eh?

Basil
21st Jan 2007, 16:39
No, no, because 'Too many Kooks spoil the sloth !" :}

The Wraith
22nd Jan 2007, 04:03
Oh, how quickly some forget from whence they come....:uhoh:

The Wraith:E