PDA

View Full Version : BMI online checkin

perkin
12th Jan 2007, 15:49
Anyone know if its possible to guarantee a window/aisle seat if using online checkin for BMI if you are travelling on a tiny fare? I'd like to checkin online, but dont want to end up with a middle seat, as the website states you cannot change the seat allocation if you have a tiny fare, when using online checkin...I presume if you checkin at departure airport you can change the seat as normal?

Also, what are the security queues like at LHR, Sunday evening in either Term 1 or 4?

agent x
13th Jan 2007, 15:00
On a tiny fare you cannot select a seat on OLCI, the system does it for you. Basically it's pot luck. You cannot change the seat once it's allocated. At the airport you must check in using the self service machine, this to will not enable you to select a seat, and picks one for you. Airport ground staff will not change the seat for you whatsoever when traveling on a tiny fare. Its all in the T&C's of the tiny fare.

perkin
13th Jan 2007, 16:08
Thank you very much agentx, KLM it will be then, they're about the same price and I can select my own seat during the online check-in...I don't fancy being stuffed into the dreaded middle seat...! Cheers :)

jimworcs
14th Jan 2007, 00:34
I have persuaded staff at the check in to change the seat, but have your excuse ready. At LHR I had a medical reason to have an aisle seat..but you have to be convincing. No charge was made for this.

perkin
14th Jan 2007, 11:58
I've just noticed that economy fares are actually the same price as tiny fares on AMS-LHR-AMS, so problem solved, can change my seat at check-in... :)

agent x
14th Jan 2007, 17:40
as long as it's a standard fare and not a tiny fare. Standard Fare fare basis end with OWBMI and tiny fare fare basis end with BABY.

Ax

perkin
14th Jan 2007, 18:41
as long as it's a standard fare and not a tiny fare. Standard Fare fare basis end with OWBMI and tiny fare fare basis end with BABY.

Ax

Yeah, going out is WOWBMI and coming back is TOWBMI, I hadnt noticed the prices were the same until I booked today...Thank you kindly for your assistance :)