View Full Version : Air Hong Kong (Penang/Singapore)

Dreamweaver
12th Jan 2007, 09:54
I am interested in hearing anything about Air Hong Kong from current or ex flight crews. Of particular interest are quality of life, roster patterns out of Penang or Singapore. I was considering applying as my wife & children are Malaysian and a move back to Asia is appealing.

Thank you for any information you care to share.

Dreamweaver

dekka007
13th Jan 2007, 23:14
Roster is 8 days on 6 days off usually. 95% Night flying. Fly about 35-50 hours a month.

All crews currently based Singapore I believe as Penang has not opened as of yet.

Dreamweaver
14th Jan 2007, 21:42
Thanks dekka007.
The 8 & 6. Would you happen to know if its usually a late start to the trip and early finish, therefore making it more of a week on/week off? Good crowd to work for? Fatigue?
Cheers
DW

dekka007
15th Jan 2007, 02:13
yeah usually start around 20:00-21:30 but sometimes 01:30L from HK.

latest finish in the morning is around 09:00L depending where you are.

Fatigue - Night flying mate :)

there are some day flights but not that many.

Small company therefore everyone is friendly and your not just a number which is a good thing.

xdc9er
16th Jan 2007, 12:51
Hi guys, it seems Penang maybe open, It was on offer as late as December, although some one on the ground might be able to offer more up to date info.
Dekka , I owe you a round or 3.
X

dekka007
17th Jan 2007, 01:19
No worries :)

Penang has been on offer for awhile now - however as it stands today not open yet.

Dreamweaver
17th Jan 2007, 08:57
Thanks Dekka007
I know that feeling. I too fly night fr8 for D A Shell. Its a foggy morning in Budapest :ugh: I guess its strictly local terms, i.e. no education/housing allowance?
DW

Dart18
20th Jan 2007, 07:44
I heard that there's one guy who got in AHK with no jet hours, and have successfully completed AHK's Jet conversion. Do they have an official cadet pilot scheme or something? If so, how do I apply? What are the T & C and is it Hong Kong based? Appreciate if anyone could shine some light, thanks:ugh:

dekka007
20th Jan 2007, 07:46
There are several in AHK without jet hours before they joined.
T & C covered already use search function.
No Hong Kong Base.

The Rage
23rd Jan 2007, 02:27
Can anyone tell me if the salary is tax free. As i understand its based in Singapore or Penang, Therefore the pilots would be required to pay local taxes? or is the money banked into an offshore account. If its not, then do they contribute to the providence fund? Have been offered an interview, so im considering all the opitions before going for it.

Thanks.

insect
30th Jan 2007, 18:42
All SIN based n u pay about 11% tax.