View Full Version : Employment Services for Expats in Asia

PosClimb
12th Jan 2007, 06:29
Can anyone recommend an individual or an agency or some kind of organization that specializes in and really knows the Asian market from top to bottom, inside out.

I'm not necessarily referring to the huge agencies like Parc, but rather someone or some company that is based in Asia with lots of inside contacts and who is able to provide more personal, one on one service.

Thanks.

DeltaSix
13th Jan 2007, 05:34
You mean like Eagle Jet ?....:}

sorry, just couldn't resist it.

D6
:ok:

PosClimb
13th Jan 2007, 06:18
Yeah, I mean like Eaglejet :8

It's amazing that in the land of cash stuffed in little white envelopes and greasy palms that there aren't more Eaglejet's in Asia.

Cash in white envelopes is like oil in a machine in Asia... without a little under the table money, nothing would ever get done. They'd still be living in caves.

:ok:

DeltaSix
14th Jan 2007, 02:41
PosClimb, just go to the airlines directly and bargain with them. Don't worry about the middleman as there has been irregularities with some of these deals. Just "grease" them up if you have the resources and connections.

I'm sure the commission that you'll give to EJ would go a long way there instead.

D6

kwaiyai
14th Jan 2007, 14:55
Just make sure the MiddleMan aint connected to some other whatever.
Watch yer6, :eek:

Dream Land
14th Jan 2007, 17:43
At most you have no option of dealing direct, for the ones that do deal direct, it can be a double edge sword, be careful. :eek:

PosClimb
14th Jan 2007, 22:56
Cutting out the middle man would be great. What Eaglejet charges is absurd, but they demand is obviously there so they can get away it.

Dealing direct is tough as you mentioned. I've tried contacting some companies directly and just getting them to respond is tough.

I imagine they get 50 emails a day from guys looking to buy time :8

DeltaSix
14th Jan 2007, 23:31
Cutting out the middle man would be great. What Eaglejet charges is absurd, but they demand is obviously there so they can get away it.

Dealing direct is tough as you mentioned. I've tried contacting some companies directly and just getting them to respond is tough.

I imagine they get 50 emails a day from guys looking to buy time :8

PosClimb, sorry I forgot to mention this. DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT SEND EMAILS, OR DO TELEPHONE CALLS. Just get their names over the phones and go see them DIRECTLY if you want results. They are more open to suggestions behind closed door meetings.

Burn'em and Turn'em
15th Jan 2007, 01:48
Is it fairly easy to just show up at the main offices and be able to speak with someone in the hiring/flight department?? I'm going to india in about a week or so and am considering popping my head in to see what they have to say.

DeltaSix
15th Jan 2007, 02:36
Is it fairly easy to just show up at the main offices and be able to speak with someone in the hiring/flight department?? I'm going to india in about a week or so and am considering popping my head in to see what they have to say.

Might not be easy as you are scheduled to see them but a lot more productive than just sending emails or telephone calls.

Burn'em and Turn'em
16th Jan 2007, 04:26
Thank you for the input.