PDA

View Full Version : Any nightstop issues in Dhaka?

tbaylx
11th Jan 2007, 18:17
Any of the ME companies canceled the DAC overnights yet? Just curious since the state of emergency has been called there, curfews/riots, transport blocades etc..

So far GF hasn't, can hardly wait for my lovely 48 hour layover there on Sunday:rolleyes:

ironbutt57
13th Jan 2007, 07:08
It appears all is normal ops for the Dhaka-pulco bengali riviera destination night stops...biggest threat is "bengali-belly" from eating the hotel "buffet" :yuk: :ok:

tbaylx
13th Jan 2007, 11:48
It appears all is normal ops for the Dhaka-pulco bengali riviera destination night stops...biggest threat is "bengali-belly" from eating the hotel "buffet" :yuk: :ok:

Yeah that's a constant threat for sure:bored: ..the situation there right now is worse than it was in KTM though and we were pulled out of there a few times. Wonder if the fact that we don't have the duty days for a turn has anything to do with the fact that we're still there.

ironbutt57
13th Jan 2007, 13:15
The problem in KTM was the hotel where we stay was owned by the "King" and family....now he's "got resigned" shouldnt happen anymore...although there might be some merit to the duty time thingy

REACH-69
13th Jan 2007, 18:21
Why aren't GF crew accomadated at the Radisson ,everyone else is.Probably will help a bit ,if the insurance exsists.:eek:

Ray Darr
14th Jan 2007, 18:57
Why aren't GF crew accomadated [sic] at the Radisson ,everyone else is.Probably will help a bit ,if the insurance exsists.:eek:

...methinks deneros have something to do with that...

Sal-e
15th Jan 2007, 06:16
I think the curfews etc would've made the place manageable.