PDA

View Full Version : Simuflite at DFW

HS125
11th Jan 2007, 10:46
I should be attending a recurrent at Simuflite, DFW, in the near future. I have never been before and wonder if anyone would be kind enough to offer any observations or advice.

I would also welcome any hotel recommendations etc.

Thanks

HS125

gigi116
11th Jan 2007, 13:16
I have been in DFW for a Beechjet recurrent in 2005. CAE people are very smart and professional they are TRTO-UK approved.

They offer a good aeronautical library and videotapes collection at first floor.
Also suggest some free courses always available regarding topics as TCAS, CFIT etc etc.

My hotel was good (Harvey hotel) and very close to the center, they also have free transportation.

Good look!

I should be attending a recurrent at Simuflite, DFW, in the near future. I have never been before and wonder if anyone would be kind enough to offer any observations or advice.

I would also welcome any hotel recommendations etc.

Thanks

HS125

4HolerPoler
11th Jan 2007, 14:08
Use the search function bro - tap in Simuflite+Dallas & you'll find a wealth of information.

4HP

flyingmasai
11th Jan 2007, 16:09
Our company is using them for our recurrent need. Some of the ground instructor are not very motivated, most of them are retired pilots, but they get the job done.
The facility is great. Do not stay in Irving: Dry county, you cannot buy beer.

unablereqnavperf
12th Jan 2007, 09:14
Was there in November good facility satyed at the Marriot North about 6 miles from Cae very nice hotel with good facilities if you book via CAE you get a good rate!

SNS3Guppy
12th Jan 2007, 20:19
I was there in October. I got stuck at the Super 8 just up the road due to availability, short notice, and letting someone else make arrangements. Don't go there.

Harvey Suites, okay. Amerisuites, okay. Marriott, great. Call Simuflite; they'll point you in the right direction.

GulfstreamPilot
12th Jan 2007, 20:27
You won't be dissapointed. Very top notch operation with great instructors. Was there for Gulfstream IV reccurent 2005 and Challenger 601 initial 2006. Take advantage of the library and cockpit trainers.
Enjoy!

skysunclouds
12th Jan 2007, 20:51
I've done an intitial course there for the C560 so was there for 3 weeks. Stayed in the Harvey Suites which was fine.

Simuflite at DFW was superb. Very well managed and organised. All the instructors were well above average and helpful. There are lots of extra short courses that you can attend out the which they call "advanced airman courses". Worth going on a couple of those.

Enjoy your stay

Red Mud
12th Jan 2007, 21:54
Try the Bass Pro Embassy Suites. Ask for the Simuflight or Bombardier rates. Nice rooms and good breakfast. Shopping is just a short walk away. Have a good course.

leonard17F
13th Jan 2007, 20:22
I stayed at the Embassy Suites for 4 weeks.
Very nice and convenient. Many pilots stay there and the barmaid, Michelle, is a sweetheart !!
You also have a shuttle to/from the center.

http://www.embassysuitesoutdoorworld.com/

theaviator2005
14th Jan 2007, 11:27
I did my Initial and Recurrent for the Lear 35 at simuflite and it is by far the best place in the US to do ur training, i've also trained with Flight Safety in Tucson, not a Bad place but the instructors i had at simuflite was way ahead of the Game and helped me with anything i needed, plus they have a great Resturant ;)........

The best deal to get a Hotel is really just to call their HR department and they got special deals with the hotels Nearby and they are all pretty good and give u transport to and from Simuflite whenever you need to go....

But og they have a Whole lot of instructors so maybe i was lucky as i saw somone els didnt have the greatest time there but atleast the instructors i had was Great and even stayed on their day's off and helped me and the other guy's with any problems we had....

And then..... Dallas got great looking girls too so if ya have time take a taxi into Addison and find Sherlock Great place for a beer and some nice looking woman ;)
Later mate

HS125
14th Jan 2007, 15:30
Thankyou all for your help. It's always better in my opinion to call upon some first hand experiences rather than just the hotels list!

Also my appologies if this is a repost, I did think this would have been covered before but I tried various incarnations in the search function which did not bear fruit.

HS125