PDA

View Full Version : EAA Testing

ALLICEDUP
11th Jan 2007, 09:40
I am after some information for Stage 3 that I am about to complete. I have found conflicting info on how many of each model Dash 8 EAA are operating, could someone please fill me in on how many of each they operated?

Also if the interview goes for an hour and a half how long would the behavourial component go for normally?

Any other info that anyone thinks would be helpful would be appreciated

Thanks

ALLICEDUP

Sue Ridgepipe
15th Jan 2007, 08:24
Current fleet consists of 9x100s, 3x200s and 10x300s.
Sorry I can't help you with info on the interview.

ALLICEDUP
15th Jan 2007, 08:33
Thanks for the reply, appreciated!

Friction Nut
16th Jan 2007, 05:36
Can anyone else provide any info on recent questions they have been asked. Particularly the behavioural component.

Even just one would be helpful.

Cheers.

Captain Stoobing
16th Jan 2007, 21:56
I would base my research on Qantaslink, not EAA or SSA as individual AOC holders.
From what I have been told, you go through the process and they place you with either AOC.
A knowledge of each company in Qantaslink is needed, but be aware the people above are looking at this as one big happy airline now.
Good luck.
Capt. Stoobing.

Willie Nelson
17th Jan 2007, 21:20
When I did my interview it was about an hour long and reasonably probing. Consisted of:

Air law questions (only two or three including the interpretation of the worlds longest TAF)

Tell us about yourself kind of stuff

Why Eastern? (might be why Qlink now?)

Fairly basic questions on the network and MTOW of DHC-8's (QF website is fine) and horsepower of engines (also available on the website)

Also asked about other applications that I had in with other airlines (they already know which other QF group companies you are going for so don't try it on with them, they just want to see if your honest)

....among other things.

Also keep in mind that the Q400 may or may not be introduced to Eastern (currently operating with Sustate only but recent options taken up are yet to find a home.....three of them I believe)

If you do a search on Eastern/Sunsate you will come up with a lot of info on the Merger, which I suspect would'nt hurt to know.

From what I hear one of the biggest hurdles is still the sim ride, which will usually be done on the same day as the interview, I was nervous as all get out but I had put in heaps of practice, if you do the same you should be fine.

Good luck:ok:

Friction Nut
18th Jan 2007, 21:38
Gday willie
How long ago was your interview and do you remember what sort of air law questions were asked?
FN

Mr.Buzzy
21st Jan 2007, 21:54
Hmmmmm Eastern checking for behavioural problems now. Maybe they have learnt something.

bbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzbbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzbbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzz zzzzz

Friction Nut
27th Jan 2007, 04:35
Heard that next Q'link course is filled with qantas cadets. Is this true, can anyone shed some light and does anyone know how long the current recruitment cycle has been forecast to continue for?

slice
27th Jan 2007, 10:04
Friction - it all depends on what you mean by cycle. Recently I believe that the recruitment has been more or less ongoing as Eastern, and to a slightly lesser extent Sunstate, have been losing pilots in dribs and drabs to the likes of Virgin, Jetstar and Cathay. This year a big factor could be related to how Virgin plan to crew their E190 aircraft. It would seem that regardless of whether it is a separate entity or part of the current VB, they will need to recruit a fair number of pilots from somewhere and crew from Qlink would be one obvious source. As for the cadet effect it remains to be seen how that will pan out. The first 6 are apparently in the works. Also recently announced was some sort of QL to QF mainline recruitment procedure but it's anyones guess as to whether this actually results in any movement. Possibly 3 more 400s are going to go somewhere but if so I suspect an equal number of older 100s might go out the back.

hoss
28th Jan 2007, 03:30
I believe QantasLink are recruiting 100 pilots this year. The resignations are returning to normal rates (2/week) after the Christmas/New Year period. Infact, 5 from EAA alone have recieved offers elsewhere in the last fortnight.

Good luck, hoss:)