PDA

View Full Version : Charter equipment help needed.

Eastwest Loco
11th Jan 2007, 08:53
Hi sportsfans.

I need to pick your brains. Have the need to move 16 people into Majuro in the Marshall Islands.

I have hade discussions with O7 but the 66-110 seat 732 is far too expensive.

I can get them there on commercials, but the route in and out changes day to day due to dodgy schedules with CO Micronesia.

Could anyone advise of suitable turbine equipment that is capable of carrying 16 surfers along with their baggage and 16 board coffins - appox 8" x 3" x 2.5" each. That is the big problem as bizjets generally have main deck cargo compartments and I am not aware of anything operating within Oz with sufficient upper deck or underfloor storage to fit the bill.

The flight would be SYD MAJ SYD, probably over HIR for tech reasons. Time on the ground in MAJ would be around 96 hours max with acceptable accommodation (I would stay there and roughing it to me is a hotel without flyscreens and a bar) and as this whole thing depends on swell reports 48 hours notice would be close to the maximum lead time.

Any directions to placing funds in the hands of a suitable charter company with the right equipment would be very much appreciated.

I can be contacted all hours ( I know Buster - Phone tag rules!:} - on 0419 323989 or during business hours on 1800 067 207.

Who said the Travel Industry was dull?

Best regards all.

EWL

Ron Knight
Jetset Travel
Devonport

GAFA
11th Jan 2007, 09:05
What about Our Airline (the new Air Narua), it operates 2-3 times per week to Majuro (aircraft overnights there) from BNE.

Moniker
11th Jan 2007, 09:08
Did you try Alliance? They have frequently headed out HIR way in the past ..

Eastwest Loco
11th Jan 2007, 09:13
Have that locked and loaded GAFA. Booked and ticketed a BNE MAJ BNE J class thru a consolidator yesterday. Problem is the destination may be MAJ or depending on where the ship is could be Kwajalein or Pohnpei as well.

If it turns out to be MAJ and schedules fit, ON will get the gig on RPT.

You might get your sales department to give me a yell so we can organise a BSP plate so we can ticket you without using family owned (thank God they are so their dropkick kids can be employed) consolidators.

I do not like anyone between my client and us.

Best regards

Ron

EWL

Eastwest Loco
11th Jan 2007, 09:16
Thanks Moniker

I was under the possibly flawed opinion that Alliance would only have F100s on line to do such runs. The F100 would be absolutely fine from a load capability point of view but would probably have similar DOCs to the 732 and be prohibitive.

If they have other equipment that would do the job I would be pleased to hear.

Thanks and best regards

EWL

I will call them

GAFA
11th Jan 2007, 09:16
If you can't get them RPT, then try Alliance. They seem to a lot of charters in the Pacific.

Kelly Slater
13th Jan 2007, 03:00
Can I come?

Eastwest Loco
13th Jan 2007, 06:51
The real Kelly may actually be onboard as his sponsor company is organising it.
Go figure!!!
Applications from any oversexed female Airline employees with absolutely no taste in males will however be seriously considered, at least until my wife reads the post.
Best regards
Ron
EWL

Eastwest Loco
15th Jan 2007, 11:16
Would the gentleman who called me after an employee called him to advise of this topic please get a prod from someone to give me another call.

The 11 hour dash charter is not out of the ballpark by any means.

Elapsed time on connecting flights into there is damn near the same. A reasonable price would work.

Again - 1800 067 207 b/hours - 0419 323989 anytime.

Dash/Embraer or whatever considered.

If is F28 I am definitely signing on as flight trafficy.

Best all

EWL