PDA

View Full Version : Which way to head

rvert1
11th Jan 2007, 01:29
Hi all. Can anyone direct me on which way to go to end up doing private charter? I'm looking to do a CPL course real soon and then work in the top end, if I can find some work, to clock up some hours and experience. I'd eventually like to fly private charter for the wealthy... maybe flying a new learjet... any ideas? Cheers.

orangepeel
11th Jan 2007, 02:00
Hi all. Can anyone direct me on which way to go to end up doing private charter? Cheers.

Well, if thats not a contradiction :ugh: ... even though there are MANY people out there that are doing PRIVATE CHARTERS every day ....:=

I think that what you are talking about is private flying for a company or person that owns/hires/leases their own private/company plane ... ?:confused:

Long way from private charter my friend ...

Sure CASA would like to hear about the private charters that are happening everyday ... :}

rvert1
11th Jan 2007, 02:13
Ah, yes that is what I'm trying to say. Private flying for a company/individual whom own their own aircraft.

heywatchthis
11th Jan 2007, 03:19
The corporate/jet charter industry in Australia is going to explode in years to come. There are more and more orders being placed with cessna, bombardier etc from Australia.
Just like any other area of aviation this is very much a who you know industry, so you ever see a biz jet, stick your head in, introduce yourself.
I am flying biz jets in the USA and hopefully coming back to Aus in the next few months to fly for a fellow with a shiny new jet.

Chimbu chuckles
11th Jan 2007, 06:04
rvert. Umm how can I put this gently:rolleyes:

As a former Bizjet (Falcon) Chief Pilot and C&Ter I would suggest you learn to walk before running. The Bizjet scene in Australia is miniscule and never gonna be huge. It boarders on a closed shop.

Get your CPL, get some experience, like 2-3000 hrs (minimum) with lots of ME IFR command and some turbine command and then you're in the ballpark...then all it takes is being in the right place at the right time.

Alternatively, and with those minimum experience levels firmly in mind, apply overseas when you reach them to people like Netjets in Saudi Arabia...requires a US ATPL...they seem to be almost permanently recruiting FOs onto their GIVs and struggle to get enough DECs.

Corporate flying is certainly a growth industry among the mega wealthy..but they can afford to pay for experience.

The above minimums are ball park for netjets FOs but the several guys I know who have gone there of late had more like 2 or 3 times that and some jet time as well.

It's a worthy goal but it's many years off...the world could, and will, have another recession by then.

Don't narrow your goals so much, enjoy the journey and see what opportunities present...and then grab them.

rvert1
13th Jan 2007, 00:37
Thanks for the info chaps, like you say Chimbu, enjoy the journey and grab the opportunities that present themselves. Good advice.

rvert. :)