PDA

View Full Version : Crossroads in Life..

Aceninja
10th Jan 2007, 23:44
I'm pretty sure I am not the first one to be in this situation. I've heard of Lawyers, Doctors, Software Engineers giving up their professions to become pilots. I just have never heard it straight from their mouth. Like so many of you before, I too am at the crossroads. The actions I take over my next couple of years will basically determine the rest of my life. Should I give up job security, money and the prospect of living somewhere eternally warm and sunny and chase the dream that is to be an airline pilot (Personally I would rather fly for Fedex/UPS etc, but you get the point). As an air traffic controller, which is what I am doing at the moment, my job prospects are looking great and I could expect to make six fingures in a couple of years. If I make the career change and do what I really want to do, I'll be lucky if I can afford to pay my car insurance, the first few years anyways. I know this is getting fairly long, but if there are some of you out there who have changed careers and are loving it/hating it, please post where you are, what you are doing, etc etc...