PDA

View Full Version : Tanzanian Work Visa - help

Cannonballer
10th Jan 2007, 22:36
I am a Canadian trying to locate the right place to get a work visa for Tanzania but i am having alot of trouble tracking down anybody in the gov't. I dont know of any embassies in canada and the immegration office in Dar wont or hasnt returned my emails. Does anybody know if i need to get a work visa first or should i just go there on a tourist visa. If i do need a work visa do i have to be sponsered by a company first. any info would be greatly appreciated

C

flyingmasai
11th Jan 2007, 11:23
When I was there, only the company you will be working for can apply for your work permit. It will be available 2 years if I remenber correctly.
You will need your Tanzanian licence as well before applying.

cpt hamna sheeda
11th Jan 2007, 15:01
Without work no workvisa, without workvisa no work..... It is a catch22, but find the ´right´ person bring some chai and suddenly everything is possible.:ok:

Bubesi
12th Jan 2007, 03:05
Afraid they're all correct. It's the most corrupt continent on the planet.

With enough dosh they'll make you a citizen with a legit birth certificate if you want.

Cannonballer
12th Jan 2007, 03:41
Thats kinda what i figured... it makes life a little easier but at the same time it makes me a little uneasy walking into that type of situation. but i guess it is not really a road that has not been trod before.

Thanks for the info guys I appreciate it and maybe someday soon Ill be talking to ya on the radios

C

Solid Rust Twotter
12th Jan 2007, 04:04
With enough dosh they'll make you a citizen with a legit birth certificate if you want.

Tanzania maybe. A number of other countries in Africa will exclude you from citizenship on account of your pale hide.:(