PDA

View Full Version : No medical now, what other countries have less medical rules

Pilotchet
10th Jan 2007, 16:02
Surrendered the medical to the FAA like a good pilot a year ago because of a melanoma in the hopes of getting it back after 12 months as stated verbally from someone at Oak city. Now that I have been clean for the 12 months and reapplied they have denied again and say don't reapply for 3 years. I am seeking professional/lawyers help in this aspect but was wondering if any other countries had differnet rules regarding medicals and I could do some flying there in the meantime.

fernytickles
14th Jan 2007, 13:56
Sorry to hear that, can't be much fun for you. Do you have AOPA and EAA helping you? I believe they have some experience in handling these sort of issues. Would it be any help looking into the Light Sport Pilot option? Good luck, and I hope you get your medical back.

Roffa
14th Jan 2007, 14:10
UK has the National Private Pilot's Licence, (http://www.nppl.uk.com/) no formal medical required but you do need a sign off from your doctor so not sure if you'd be able to get yourself one.

Mind you the cost of flying over here would probably put you off anyway :)

Best of luck with getting your own medical back.

Pilotchet
23rd Jan 2007, 15:11
Also was wondering if anyone knew the steps to changing my FAA license to a Mexican or I believe a ICAO license as I know the medical requirements down there are the same they just don't have the old boys running the FAA and making the crazy rules that they have no basis on making.