the FSI-advertised hotels there?
Many thanks..!

4HolerPoler
10th Jan 2007, 19:33
It's all here - http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=225616

4HP

old-timer
10th Jan 2007, 20:36
I was out there a few years ago now, great place to fly - x countrys out over the desert at night demands respect though.

Airmech was still running when I was there , I stayed in a hotel nea there &
I can't remeber it's name !! damn, it had a great Aero theme bar with a radial engine table - possibly holiday inn - i'll check my records

PhaFulFal
11th Jan 2007, 06:57
Thank you!

lobanski
11th Jan 2007, 10:25
Hello everyone,
going to FSI Tucson this spring -
any recommendations (or warnings) regarding
the FSI-advertised hotels there?
Many thanks..!
Hey,
I'd suggest staying at the Marriott next door to the University campus.
twenty minutes drive from hotel to FSI.
Happy hunting.

theaviator2005
14th Jan 2007, 11:32
If i was you i would Stay AWAY from Amerisuites.... It looks nice with big plasma tv in ur room and so on but when i stayed there and heck i paid about $150 per night it was horrible, i had ants crawling around for 3 days before they could have a guy come and kille em ;) and kids running up and down the hall at 1 in the night....... But thats the only hotel i know off and just what i can say ;) Hey when u going as i be back there in May for recurrent ;)

transilvana
18th Jan 2007, 20:33
You can try Marriot Courtyard by the airport, its nice, you get breakfast and a couple of drinks free everyday. Also you can try Embassy Suites, its better, you get free drinks on the afternoon, nice restaurant and the rooms are quite good.

I was there last April.

Consol
20th Jan 2007, 15:42
Ditto the Mariott courtyard, FSI sometimes arrange free breakfast vouchers, not sure if still on. Friendly and clean. Excellent sushi rest. ten mins walk in the Pima direction but of course no one walks. Pima museum worth a visit. Nice crowd in FSI too, enjoy.

BillieBob
20th Jan 2007, 23:45
The biggest 'must do' at TUS is the steakhouse at Pinnacle Peak. Just remember that you must wear a tie!

PhaFulFal
21st Jan 2007, 08:08
Thanks again, everyone -
will make sure to check out
pinnacle peak steakhouse and the other attractions..!
Cheers PFF