PDA

View Full Version : Gulf News article on EK pilots.....

Plank Cap
10th Jan 2007, 13:17
Any body else had an unsolicited email from staff reporter Mr. B.D. of the Gulf News, offering to write an article on EK's treatment of it's pilots? Anonymity guaranteed, apparently. Should anybody wish to contribute to this article, I have his full name, email and phone number - PM me.

Trashed Aviator
10th Jan 2007, 13:48
I hear Captain America is already on the case. No need to worry all is great for the pilots at EK.
Just 1 thought CX have 100 aircraft and EK is around the same figure, CX has 2300 pilots and EK 1600. Why?

critical winge
10th Jan 2007, 13:51
If he is after business, tell him to see this site and post his address and I am sure as well as others that we will all keep his line busy with all the information he wants. We can only tell the truth as to how great the company is and how fair the terms and conditions are. He only has to post questions here to get some realistic answers, and how near the company is to a pilot meltdown.

Cya

chinawladi
10th Jan 2007, 14:10
Wind up alert! Not from Plank, but from B.D. First try GN with a reader's letter and see how they shorten it to distort your message. Then you will stay galaxies away from them. The article is already dictated to them by TC through AAR and it just needs some artificial sweetener around it.

uplock
10th Jan 2007, 14:34
I read the "unsolicited email " in our swap group....

How do you know the guy is not a stooge ? A quick google any way will turn up pages of happy little chappies talking about EK. And forget about hiding behind your computer and an IP address......

Why doesnt he just call Captain America for all the good stuff and as a previous poster said there are "Brazillions of Reasons"

uplock
12th Jan 2007, 14:10
For your info Warlock, u can do a search on the group for the guys email and phone
Posted by: "Pilot Voice" [email protected]
Mon Jan 8, 2007 10:47 am (PST)

Gentlement and Ladies,

A Gulf News reporter is willing to hear your views about the way we pilots have been treated.

You do not need to reveal your identity.

If he receives enough information from enough different voices, or from enough different email addresses he will go ahead and publish.

Once it gets the attention of Sheikh Mohamed the culprits will be exposed.

So, if you have been wishing for a voice, this is your opportunity.

Keep it anonymous and you have nothing to fear.

Attention: ****** ********, Staff Reporter, Gulf News
Tel 050 *******
*********@gulfnews.com

critical winge
12th Jan 2007, 15:15
I think the Gulf SNOOZE is about the only paper in the region that I wouldn't tell anything to. The K T or E T and better yet the 7 Days would have the front to report a fair and honest story the way it should be told. The 7 Days and rarely the K T have been banned at times for reporting the truth, has the GN?, so why tell them anything? And besides, it sickens me to see the GN showing pictures of dead people including children, that our children can see. I have a teenager who once saw a boy of about 8 dead in the back of a blown up truck, eyes wide open and well the others around him you don't want to know about. Sickening reporting!!

ekpilot
13th Jan 2007, 04:24
CW, I totally agree with ya, but they do have this!! :} http://www.gulfnews.com/classifieds/classified_articles472b.html?path=/channels/gulfnews_com/classifieds/Dubai_x_N_Emirates/Beauty_Fitness_x_Health/Beauty_Fitness_x_Health/

Keith Discovering
15th Jan 2007, 06:20
Gents,

From personal experience, EK can stop or change any article that mentions them. I've seen them remove an article before it was published because it showed them in a negative light. Stick to 7 Days or the KT (remember EK banned them from their a/c for a year because EK Head of Security's Secretary / wife (now ex) was involved in a Bullion robbery from our a/c). Apparently he didn't know about it :hmm:

Be careful.....:E

atiuta
15th Jan 2007, 09:06
Given the recent quality of Gulf News reporting, I wouldn't recommend any association with them at all.

Media are notorious for misrepresenting industrial issues and pilots will never gain the sympathy of the public through this medium.

Let nature take it's course.