PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP will not run BA B757 Training disks

Brian Fantana
10th Jan 2007, 10:45
Hello all

I have the BA B757 training disks which I was able to use ok with Windows ME. I have now have Windows XP, which will not run the disks.
Windows has down loaded the CAVT viewer icon onto my desk top and allows me to look at the various chapter menus eletrics, hydraulics etc etc but will then not play the chapter.
The following message appears:

message(microsoft)(ODBC Microsoft access driver)optional feature not implemented.

Anybody with any advise much appreciated.
BF

pawea
10th Jan 2007, 11:03
hi there are a couple of things to try,first try right clicking the icon which launches the program,then select properties,then select the compatability tab at the top then select the box which " run this program etc .." and select win 98/me from the dropdown box click ok and try now.

there is another way but it is a little more involved try this first if not email me and ill send you the additional software required to make this happen.

good luck
:O

planecrazy.eu
10th Jan 2007, 11:19
Hmmm, not 100% sure but i get these messages when installing to uni stuff where the program looks for the database via windows and not a direct link to the database, mite be that

- The Connection is not set-up on XP Automatically
- You need to update the ODBC Drivers from M$ or MSDN Site

In Control Pannel, there is Admin Tools and Data Sources (ODBC)

Sorry cant be any more help, might point you in the right direction?

Brian Fantana
15th Jan 2007, 11:08
Thanks for replies.
I have tried to run the progam in earlier windows editions by right clicking on the icon, but no joy.
I have also checked in the ODBC drivers and down loaded Foxpro files from microsoft. My mates computer had foxpro, although an earlier edition of windows and his computer played the disks.
I cannot figure out how to get the files into the FILE DSN in the ODBC data source.