PDA

View Full Version : Passing the 2nd Interview, whats the secret?

Bubesi
10th Jan 2007, 04:05
What do guys think is the secret to passing the 2nd interview. I've read a few threads about why people fail it, and a lot have answered that it's failed on the sim ride. The problem is that those making this statement don't have any evidence to back this up, as Cathay never give a reason. I have friends who have had practice sim rides before the interview, thought that they rode it pretty well, did okay in the interview, generally felt pretty confident about the whole thing and failed. I've had other mates who thought that they had messed things up, in the sim and interview, yet got through. I suppose that the only definate, is that you'll know 2 weeks later!!!
Is it your attitude and personality that they are looking at in the end? I mean, lets face it, at the end of the day it's not about "flying rings around" others, and what you do not know, you can learn. But do you have the ability to sit in a cockpit for hours on end, without driving someone to drink!
That said, what sort of attitude do you adopt for the interview? sure, just be yourself. But let's face it, 2 days is not much time for them to get to know you!

I'mbatman
10th Jan 2007, 15:15
Everything you have heard is pretty spot on.....the only thing that I would add.....you can have a flawless sim and be a dick......don't forget that there are two CX folks running it and they are(at least the ones I got) rather jovial.....I wouldn't be surprised if they are interested not only your performance but your demeanor, and personality as well....when I went in the were joking and you could tell they were friends....I didn't go overboard with jokes or anyhting but I didn't sit there stonefaced either.....good luck, be yourself and if they don't want you based on that you shouldn't want them either.

SIC
12th Jan 2007, 03:36
Spot on.

Apart from obviously being able to fly end having a brain as far as I can tell they select the guys they LIKE personally.

Personality goes a long way - that is having what is considered the CX personality....

Bubesi
13th Jan 2007, 01:47
Thanks SIC and Batman, thats what i was looking for.

I just figured that most people who have similer hours probally have similer skills, Hands and brains, and that the 1st interview weeds out those lacking in knowledge.
So the 2nd interview must therefore more emphasis on you as a person, and how well you will fit in.