PDA

View Full Version : Gulf Air Rosters

katooie
10th Jan 2007, 01:26
Hey,

Anyone able to shed some light on the kind of roster a new A320/B767 F/O might expect in terms of days off per month, overnights each week, rest periods etc.

Thanks

Panama Jack
10th Jan 2007, 07:37
Very very variable, the number of nightstops you will get. Figure on about 5 or 6 nights a month in foreign hotel rooms a month, sometimes more, sometimes less. In December it was 4 for me.

As far as days off, never more than 8 a month. However, time at home is actually quite a bit more with a phenonemon known as "non-ops" days. In other words, if you were flying and return to base any time after midnight (say 1:00 am) and have no flight duties for the rest of the calendar day, it is considered a day worked, and the rest of the day is yours. You probably get 2-4 of these a month.

There isn't too much a a difference between Junior and Senior crew-- schedules are about the same-- some good trips, a few bad trips. Even with a few months of seniority I was about to get reasonable requests-- with 1 year seniority I was able to get Christmas off as per my request. The leave bids are on a rotating basis (sharing the benefits and the pain), and I got my first choice block of leave for 2007. At my previous airline, I wouldn't have seen the surface for many many years. :ugh: