PDA

View Full Version : Alaea ?

PitPin
9th Jan 2007, 06:39
Is the new ALAEA performing for its members ?

No SAR No Details
9th Jan 2007, 09:12
Haven't noticed any difference but I understand the Secretary now has a company car.:=

LME-400
9th Jan 2007, 22:34
Is the new ALAEA performing for its members ?

Wish they would bring back the forums. Or even better, create some mailing lists.

magoo31
10th Jan 2007, 00:54
What happened to the ALAEA website?? No longer working.

LME-400
10th Jan 2007, 02:32
What happened to the ALAEA website?? No longer working.

Forgot to pay the bill ?

www.alaea.asn.au

PitPin
10th Jan 2007, 08:24
A little out of their depth I think personal agendas getting in the way ?:ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

splashman
10th Jan 2007, 19:23
What haven't they done ?. Where are they failing us.?.
My impession is that you have a group of highly dedicated guy's all working together, who face hostile companies willing to use every trick in the book. You can only do so much with the current I.R laws, already we have an order from the AIRC re Perth rosters, didn't get to that point by doing nothing!
The worst thing for the ALAEA are the members who think its all about them and only them, and are willing to undermine all other members to advance themselves.
You wish to know whats going on, give an exec member a call, their mobile numbers are on the notice boards and from personal experiance, I know they make themselves available 24/7.
Or do you need someone to do it for you???????

PitPin
11th Jan 2007, 01:07
1.What ever happened to report back meetings which inform many people at one time rather than everyone calling a councillor wasting his time ?
2.Which counciller do you call as they only seem willing to talk on particular issues and cagey on others .
3. The web site is lacking information compared to other unions web sites that is when it's working .
4. Is the voice linked to the alaea in anyway ?

LME-400
11th Jan 2007, 05:41
Forgot to pay the bill ?

www.alaea.asn.au (http://www.alaea.asn.au)

Confirmed.

Hi

The account has been suspended for non payment.

If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

http://ausweb.com.au/helpdesk/
http://ausweb.com.au
telephone +61 (0)2 93586067

I've emailed the last known email address that I have for them letting them know. Wonder if their email is down as well.

LME-400
11th Jan 2007, 11:44
I know they have a new website in the works, perhaps AUSWEB dosen't have the new contract?

My experience with changing web host is that you do not get a 'suspended' page put up.

Anyway, with the closing of QF Syd HM I'm hoping to wean myself off Aviation and as such I have left tha ALAEA.

I did get a nice pen from them though.

LME-400
11th Jan 2007, 21:35
How about going cold turkey?

I probably will work wise.

With the sale of QF and other things I'm curious about the future of the industry.

splashman
12th Jan 2007, 08:37
Got an E Mail yesterday re QF EBA 8 latest update, its only a call or E Mail to have yoursef put on the mailing list.

Perth is a no go issue due to AIRC order and the wrong thing uttered could mean hefty fines if interperated the wrong way.

I wonder how the accounts for the last few months compare to that of the previous exec, could always ask and compare entertainment expenses.

Those who consider a chair in the lunchroom is theirs for life, and don't do anything from it but winge, moan and complain from it, should remember that the current exec was voted in by a huge majority of members and with a strong mandate from those members. Give them a chance, little snipes or bruises egos should be forgotten about, we are as strong as we allow ourselves to be.

Quote from an exec member, I am not the ALAEA, you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a breath of fresh air that was for me

domo
12th Jan 2007, 09:55
most engineers admit it a tough gig to deal with qantas. I think when this new lot got elected a few guys thought that a breath of fresh air would sweep through the hangers.but as we know its easier to not have no power and winge what we would do if we had power.than if we had power.
good luck guys its going to be a tough year, ebs's, cost cutting, rosters

hawks05
22nd Jan 2007, 08:05
The ALAEA cant help its members at Avalon as they have two councillors to busy attacking other reps from other unions, making false allegations.
All because they can no longer run their own agendas. Dont know whether these attacks are because they are worried the AWU ARE WATCHING EVERY MOVE THEY MAKE OR DO THEY JUST FEEL THREATENED.You know who you are be careful very careful as I am seeking legal advice over all the personel attacks, I can handle the union issue's but there is no need for the personal attacks.Grow up, the next time you slander me I will see you in court.:ugh: :ugh: think of your members and their futures. Sorry forgot the ALAEA Avalon councillors only look after their own interest not the work force.

domo
22nd Jan 2007, 08:30
I wonder do the alaea ever regret setting up avalon? a few ex heavy maintenance sydney might. on a personel note i think it was the start of the rot like the australian airlines of engeering

hawks05
22nd Jan 2007, 08:37
Its great to know only mistakes happen at Avalon, after all the training Avalon employees receive is Qantas training by Qantas employees from Sydney.Dont blame Avalon for all your issues, learn to take some of the credit yourselves. You had you chance for sometime with no improvments, some of us at Avalon have put in the hard yards. Not like some Qantas employees who beleive its all about them.:E

domo
22nd Jan 2007, 09:05
Not like some Qantas employees who beleive its all about them.

thats my point peter qantas lames were served by the qantas branch of the union.now forestaff interests are looked after as well this dilutes the orginal purpose which was to look after QANTAS lames

splashman
22nd Jan 2007, 10:04
Seem to recall Avalon was set up by QF/Forstaff with ALAEA involvement as a greenfields site to handle QF overflow work at Syd HM.

Now whats happened, no Syd HM and Avalon is the main QF 747 heavy maint base.

All in all not a great idea for the ALAEA to be involved in and, taking " consultant fees" for that involvment has hurt.

Remember, the current exec are not the people who created the "train wreck" but they are doing all they can with what they have.

Is life better at Avalon now than it was when it was ASTA ?

Are the Forstaff LAME's wages and conditions on a par with QF ?

In an ideal word , yes they should be and yes I do not think previous exec's have done the right things by the Forstaff guys but it was not the exec you have now.

How would it be without them bearing in mind how ASTA was run and how ASTA ended up.

Bumpfoh
22nd Jan 2007, 10:22
peter,

If you have genuine concerns or complaints regarding your local ALAEA reps then take the appropriate action, be it with management or the association EXEC, or legal avenues if you wish, but please don't resort to wasting valuable bandwidth on what appears to be a hollow whinge/sook on this thread.:=

hawks05
23rd Jan 2007, 07:14
Who are you to tell me what i can do, I have just as much right to put items on this or any other thread. It is with the exc / managment. Still does not stop them from the ongoing personel attacks, you have these drop kicks spreading rubbish about you putting your job on the line.Also the exc wont talk to employees that are not members of their union or what ever they call them selves. Anyway talking to the ALAEA is like talking to a :ugh:

QF MAINT OUTSOURCED
23rd Jan 2007, 07:59
And Why Should They Talk To Non Members Unless Your Are Enquireing About Membership,go Away,they Provide A Service Which You Don't Want To Pay For

splashman
23rd Jan 2007, 20:40
I agree, I pay my dues and am represented, if you are not a member, do not expect to receive the benefits of being a member.

This guy should be moaning to the group he pays,

QF MAINT OUTSOURCED
23rd Jan 2007, 21:11
i would like to guess he his a member of NO union,i think they use to call his type a SCUB

PitPin
24th Jan 2007, 03:43
Nobody should question the commitment of the councillors .
All I would like to see is the ALAEA provide information about current issues and who you should contact for further info.A functioning updated website and an email would be a start .

domo
24th Jan 2007, 03:58
any up date on the qantas eba,somebody said magement walked out of a meeting

splashman
24th Jan 2007, 07:18
Its amazing how intelligent, relatively well paid, people who have the ability to pass CASA basics, type courses, know how to access a website, and certify for maintenance on aircraft are unable to find a phone number in a phone book, dial it and ask to be informed or put on a E Mail list, nor are they unable to find a union notice board and read it,
A hint,
This forum is not where you will find the answers you seek.
Dial 02 9554 9399,
If the office is unable to help you ask for the mobile number of the exec member covering your state.
It is not a free call, you may have to pay for the call

Its not hard to do

hawks05
24th Jan 2007, 07:42
I am a memebr of a union was a member of the weak gutted ALAEA paid my fees to be left out in the cold when ever I had an issue. Thats why we fought and won and finally got a good hard working union at Avalon the AWU, so I do pay fees, so much for being a scab. You lot must be typical ALAEA members who dont stand for jobs, you lot stand for bugger everyone else just pay the over paid LAME more no matter if it costs jobs.
Long Live AWU we stand for jobs not self interest

hawks05
24th Jan 2007, 07:45
i would like to guess he his a member of NO union,i think they use to call his type a SCUB

Learn to spell its scab not scub, no wonder you get no information from the ALAEA as you would not know how to spell it to find the web site:D

domo
24th Jan 2007, 23:41
Its amazing how intelligent, relatively well paid, people who have the ability to pass CASA basics, type courses, know how to access a website, and certify for maintenance on aircraft are unable to find a phone number in a phone book, dial it and ask to be informed or put on a E Mail list, nor are they unable to find a union notice board and read it,
A hint,
This forum is not where you will find the answers you seek.
Dial 02 9554 9399,
If the office is unable to help you ask for the mobile number of the exec member covering your state.
It is not a free call, you may have to pay for the call

Its not hard to do

I am on the email list if 2000 members must ring bexley every day for an update the reps are not doing there job they won the election by saying they will keep us informed.
I ask again does any person in the know. know how the eba is going i am a typical tight lame and do not want to spend 25cents.
maybe i should email bexley or better still become a rep and not share the information like everyone else as knowlege is power

QF MAINT OUTSOURCED
25th Jan 2007, 00:24
I'm Scottish And That's How We Spell It

chemical alli
25th Jan 2007, 00:27
domo a question?

have you asked a rep on whats happening with the eba?

i spoke to a rep in base and it seems a meeting of the executive is scheduled for 29th of jan at bexley in regards to the eba and to discuss a way forward with negotiations.as of this time the apparent company view, is to not bargain at all, with regards to any or all of the claims put forward by the alaea.the companies point is that unless we accept their log of claims in whole then they will not discuss any further on the issue.

so at the moment the alaea has nothing really to report back with.

my next question to you domo ,is what exactly are you prepared to do in the event of the company not discussing the eba ? i have seen in the past everybody talks tough then folds come crunch time .

this eba is probably the most important eba that we as union members will have to vote on . at least the perth guys and girls are staying together albeit a few

QF MAINT OUTSOURCED
25th Jan 2007, 03:28
Time To Strike,grow A Backbone That's Why You Voted In The New Exec,because The Last Lot Were Piss Weak

Bumpfoh
25th Jan 2007, 10:24
Thanks Peter you have now exposed yourself as nothing but a disgruntled, office chair bearing trouble maker that apparently has an axe to grind with the ALAEA, or more to the point the performance of the past ALAEA exec.:yuk:

While you may have a personal agenda with the local ALAEA reps that does not excuse your unfounded slur for the incumbant executive who I believe are desperatly trying to right the wrongs of the previous exec.:=

As you have stated you have moved on to another union to reprsent you and that is your right, and good luck to you, however your apparent antagonistic commnets serve no purpose in furthering our collective well being in the workplace regardless of position or remuneration.:ok:

You have had your gripe now give it a rest.:ugh:

splashman
25th Jan 2007, 19:13
Be nice if we could strike, anybody know how the appeal to full bench of AIRC re Perth orders played out.

Might be we all work 8 hour shifts after Mel voted down the merger.

What a way for QF to negotiate, forcing the Perth members onto a 8 hour because they were happy with 12/12, and they voted down a 12 /10.

Guess its BUSINESS AS USUAL

Wonder if the MEL members will now face the full force of the big stick of M, (as the Perth lady and lad's have) and be punished by being forced onto an 8 hour, then discover the members actually enjoy the lifestyle change

PitPin
26th Jan 2007, 02:16
Lets see if M brings his stick down on the mel engineers who voted down the merger .

splashman
27th Jan 2007, 10:33
Quote me,

From the mouth of a QF ACS State Manager

"Even though the 8 hour shift does not work in Perth, it will work here in XXXXX"

All QF ACS "top knobs" need to realise is : that we all are willing to help them save money, be more efficient, implement new policies and structures etc,etc,etc.
We are willing to back and support them 100%, so that they can achieve their KPI's and recieve their bonuses.

Just don't stuff around with our wages and conditions !
If we require "accountability" so do you!

What is a WIIFM. ? Mr M
I heard at a " Amazing People " waste of time, (that you approved my overtime for), it stands for "What's in it for me"!!!!!!!!!

EBA 8 Negotiations, Have QF ever thought past WIIFM ?
Rosters, Have QF ever thought past WIIFM ?

Mr Cox, Harris, Vincent and respective underling's,
Have you ever thought past WIIFM ??????????

Maybe leading by example is the way to show it.

domo
27th Jan 2007, 23:24
Mr Talling-Smith says: "During the last few days, a number of you have called and emailed to ask if you can volunteer to work on strike days if you are not rostered

thats from the paper, british stewards volunteer to s___ on there workmates.
i believe we would never stoop that low they do get 200pounds a day allowances for s_____

Torqueman
6th Feb 2007, 05:21
Splashman

Are the Forstaff LAME's wages and conditions on a par with QF ? No

Why, QF people can fly on any airline and Forstaff people can only fly on an aircraft with a red tail. Not even Jetstar. What a joke!!

Forstaff people can't even join Interline for discounts.

With QF off loading all there holiday destinations to Jetstar a Forstaff workers will soon have little chance if any of getting to those destination on staff travel. Sure QF still fly to some of them. However there will be less likelyhood of getting a seat as paying passengers choose to fly a full service flight, if you would call it that. And what about their priority. Lower than Dog SH!t.

Would you call that condition 'on a par'.............???????

Do QF engineers get a shirt, pants and shorts etc, etc,
Something that resembles a uniform?

Well go and check out what the Forstaff empoyees get, a couple of pairs of overalls. AME's, LAME's, cleaners, whoever.........

On par?????????

QF engineer's get paid for a 737 licence and accumulate the appropriate points and levels. Forstaff employees don't.

Par?????????

I don't think so.

Do the ALAEA support the LAME's at Avalon? No

Do they push for adequate training and supervision ratios of LAME's at Avalon? NO

Why?

Well they are to busy supporting Melbourne narrow body maintenance.

Well I look forward to the day when there are enough Avalon ALAEA members who all realise that the hold the balance, and can influence a repersentative body who is not realy interested in supporting them or putting their interests in front of Melbourne's.

I bet they are looking forward to reciprocating the years of neglect. :uhoh:

The new executive made promises to put things right. Have they yet? NO

Have they made any attempt to right the wrongs of the previous executive, like the decision on the 737 licences at Avalon? No

On par?

Your dreaming!

Driptray
6th Feb 2007, 07:28
I have been a member of the ALAEA for some time, this is about to cease, my issue is that the association is an instrument designed for the airlines, all the news letters, any info that is received all revolves around the airlines. I have not worked airlines, and will quite likely never work the airlines. They don't seem to have much interest in doing anything that is not airline related. The engineers that work for the company I am employed by are negotiating the new eba, and we have gone through the AWU, will they be any better?, who knows, but we have decided that we need to try something other than the ALAEA. It comes down to each to their own, if you are not happy with your representation, you need to try something else. I have never heard anyone rave about how well the association have looked after them, have you?

Redstone
6th Feb 2007, 08:07
Driptray, it sounds like you and your colleagues have been marginalised by the association. Did you have any organisers or reps on site?

Driptray
6th Feb 2007, 08:15
When we first started EBA negs the association was advised, we hit a brick wall with the company, and had little interest from the association, they did not come to the table with us, at that stage we went to the AWU. The company was not impressed with that and stated they would not deal with the AWU. They came around, although the new eba will still have alaea and awu as signatories. The troops are as happy as they will ever be with the eba but at least we had someone show interest. Vey few are still members, some are members of both, although the majority have switched camps, and more will follow once the eba is finalised. Will the AWU be any better? not known, although the fact that they were willing to get involved with no initial membership was warmly welcomed.

As far as being marginalised, I believe that all areas of the industry other than the airlines are. I do believe the association has a place in the industry, but until the remainder of the industry is truly represented by them I think a lot of people pay their dues for the wrong reason.

Redstone
6th Feb 2007, 09:50
So did you have any local ALAEA Reps or organisers on site? Or did the troops just sort of expect it all to happen? I am not trying to be funny, just wanted to get an idea of the extent of the envolvement by the rank and file? Can you tell me where the site is (pm me if you want)?

Driptray
6th Feb 2007, 10:20
Redstone, PM sent

dusty_dawg
7th Mar 2007, 23:58
Have any of you guys seen a copy of that email from the ALAEA federal secretary about licence insurance? Does anyone know who "Maurizio Gugliemo" is? Whoever the guy is, he's dumped a bucket on Bexley. For years ALAEA reps have been running around claiming to have licence insurance. When I was working at Avalon 2 years ago I became a member because I was told I'd be protected with this. I'm a bit pissed now because it appears to be a scam. Apparently it does not exist. Here's what was said in the email -

"G'day mate, The ALAEA doesn't provide licence insurance cover for members and I'd like to see one of our documents that states that we do. What we do is represent members accused of involvement in maintenance errors so they don't need to pay for solicitors, barristers and other Council (can't even spell - it's "counsel") when matters escalate into court ordered enquiries. We have also kept a number of LAMEs out of jail through that process.

Six years ago I also had an argument with an Industrial Officer and
instead of resigning in disgust, I decided to do something about it. Five years later I was Federal Secretary and within a couple of months the Industrial Officer (where has Norris gone?) I and possibly you had argued with decided not to work here any more. That's making a difference not attacking a union because of some misconception you appear to have or are creating to suit some other purpose.

Cheers
Steve Purvinas
ALAEA Federal Secretary"
It's about time these idiots got their act together. I'm getting out of them now. Time to sign up with another mob, because I'm getting nothing from these drips.

mahatmacoat
8th Mar 2007, 07:14
For years ALAEA reps have been running around claiming to have licence insurance.

I've never heard that what planet are you from? We had a vote a couple of years ago and decided not to get it don't you remember? It doesn't even sound like you're a lame.

No SAR No Details
8th Mar 2007, 07:52
dusty dawg wrote "It's about time these idiots got their act together. I'm getting out of them now. Time to sign up with another mob, because I'm getting nothing from these drips."

And you're going to get this "licence insurance" from which union?
A union is what you make it. If all you've got to offer is "what's in it for me?" then good luck with the others and au revoir.

When I joined no one made any such representations to me about licence insurance. In fact the only time I heard it mentioned was from AWU reps trying to muscle in on LAME representation and increase their membership.
This whole thing sounds like it's an AWU plot to stir up shh!t.

company_spy
8th Mar 2007, 08:15
Dusty, would you kindly explain to me how "licence insurance" works?

You are an AWU stooge.

Apophis
8th Mar 2007, 09:53
you have all being paying the alaea and geting nothing for your money.:eek:

Redstone
8th Mar 2007, 10:36
How do you figure that Apophis?

dusty_dawg
8th Mar 2007, 10:51
That's the way I see it. I was told that I would be covered if I was negligent, plain and simple. If I was ever down there again I'd love to ask DM face to face if he remembers what he told me about it before I signed the membership application. But what do you do? I got told there was cover. As for the AWU conspiracy theories, JESUS you only have to look at some of the posts here to see that one minute they were going to take over the ALAEA and the next minute they were going to amalgamate and the next minute they were arranging the campaign for the challenge against the old Executive last year. I mean give me a break!! Well what has happened? Nothing. It's all piss and wind as far as I'm concerned. I admit that you can't trust everything you read but the comments that have been posted by other ALAEA members about the fact that there is no insurance policy ony serves to prove my point. But the ALAEA has done its dash with me. You guys believe what you want. Plus, how dare the ALAEA question the proefssionalism of LAME's in Qantas by "cutting corners on safety"? I never have!!

company_spy
9th Mar 2007, 10:58
Dusty, I was told that I would be covered if I was negligent, plain and simple.

how dare the ALAEA question the proefssionalism of LAME's in Qantas by "cutting corners on safety"? I never have!!

I think you have just answered your own questions about "Licence Insurance"

Perhaps you are talking about "income protection insurance"???? If so, check your super, you may already be covered.

LME-400
9th Mar 2007, 11:26
Hmm... income protection insurance.. can't remember that being in my QF super.

There was a death benefit, which you loose when you get the arse.

dusty_dawg
9th Mar 2007, 22:23
Maybe you're right. But the point I'm making is that no-one bloody knows what the hell is going on with these turkeys. I was offended the other night when I watched our magnificent leader SP on the ABC in his nice pink shirt talking about survey results on corners being cut on safety. Fair enough, we all get put under the pump from the three ring circus that is Qantas. But do you think I'd ever sacrifice my future in the industry because some knuckle-dragging troglodyte company hack tells me to cut corners!! No way. I've got a a wife, two kids, a dog and a mother-f:mad: er of a mortgage to feed for the next 30 years. Those idiots at Bexley have done nothing but put fear into the minds of people on an issue that they'll never win against Qantas, CASA and the Government. Dumb dumb dumb. But what are they actually doing about it if this problem really does exist. NUTHIN. SP reckons he wrote a letter to the Treasurer. Big deal. Does anyone really think Costello cares? Anyway, enough ranting. I'm not going to waste any more of my time worrying about what the ALAEA do or don't do. I'll move on to something else. They're not worth it.:ugh:

mahatmacoat
16th Mar 2007, 05:49
It looks sparse but the ALAEA have changed their website and put a forum up again.

http://www.alaea.asn.au/forums/index.php

At leat there doing something :D

domo
16th Mar 2007, 05:55
wow 1 wonder will all our favorites come back ......trustee 1
the abuse can begin

ConcernedLAME
18th Mar 2007, 09:45
I think you will find Domo that the likes of Trustee1 are long gone..because if people actually paid attention we had an election recently and for those who voted well done.
The current executive are currently trying to clean up the dramas caused by previous exec ,all this whilst trying to negotiate an EBA .
I suggest to all who are not happy speak to a member of the current exec and maybe they can enlighten you ...instead of negative thoughts out loud.
It only serves the purposes of QF especially during EBA periods ....Unity is all we have without we are all doomed.
And no i am not a rep ....

But a concerned member who realises the Association is not run by chosen few , its run by its members ...so instead of whining we should get off our ass and become an association again not a bunch of old women whinging about what "I " dont have or havent got.....:ok: