PDA

View Full Version : Non-revenue (space available/subload) policies

Panama Jack
8th Jan 2007, 03:31
Good Morning,

I am curious to know what the policy is at some of the other airlines in the region with respect to not-cancelling a non-revenue (ID90) listing at your airline.

From my previous airline experience, an airline would ask you to list for non-revenue travel. This provided a list of how many non-rev's they could expect, as well as for meal planning. The airlines always made it clear to non-revenue travellers that meals would be served only if anything was left over (revenue pax were first priority). This was for most of us generally accepted.

At my present airline, they recently came out with a policy that if you do not cancel your PNR listing for stand-by travel, you would be charged (via pay-roll deduction) the equivalent of $27 USD for each incident. I am rather shocked by this policy in principle, as well as the price tag (it is a round number in our local currency, which I think they arrived at out of convenience rather than a reflection of "costs incurred").

I would like to know if your employer has a similar policy with respect to non-revenue no-shows (by no-show I mean having listed but never having actually checked in at the airport for travel on that day without cancelling the listing).