PDA

View Full Version : CX CPP success rate?

daveip
7th Jan 2007, 23:05
Hi!

New to the forum here and just relit my enthusiam to become a pilot!! (thought that was thrown out of the window when i got given glasses when i was 9 =( )

I'm from the UK, born and bred but with full HK permanant residancy (3 stars) and I was wondering what the success rate from initial application to screen in Australia is roughly?

I'm in my second year of university and with no previous flight experience apart from an hour in a dual control glider. I would jump at any opportunity to become a pilot!

Thanks!

Dave

wongtaisin
10th Jan 2007, 11:37
the answer is.... for suitable candidates, the chance is 100%. For those not suitable, that'll be 0%.

Sorry to be mean. but your question has a presumption that everyone is of the same quality/background/attributes... thus the chance. sorry, that's not true in reality... remember, it's not a raffle draw, everyone doesn't have the same opportunity.

bjbb
10th Jan 2007, 17:50
well said,

You are as successful as you wish to be, If you go in there having done so much prep that you know things inside out, and you are a decent guy which you seem to be, you may get through to the next round, I hear on other forums that its about 1 in 6 pass rate. But that means almost nothing, I also hear that CX would like to take more cadets (to fill 30 places) but there just arent enough mr/mrs rights around.

However, dont be put off, if you really want it then go get it.

best of luck,

bjbb

cx007
19th Jan 2007, 08:17
If u r pilot material you have 50% chance, the other 50% is up to the recruitment officers! There are so many external factors that you cant control in the interviews.
anyway just get well prepared and pray.

wondering
23rd Jan 2007, 22:14
@wongtaisin,

does that mean not a single test in the whole selection process is based on a 'forced curve'???

Koyo
24th Jan 2007, 09:09
Bell curved?! You need to have some sense installed into your brain. THIS IS A JOB APPLICATION! It's not some test in high school or university where simply the relative top performers get in. Hell, even university have percentage requirement and not simply a bell curved entrance exam. You either meet their requirement or you don't. Otherwise they would have more people getting accepted into the program.

authority
24th Jan 2007, 10:31
@wongtaisin,

does that mean not a single test in the whole selection process is based on a 'forced curve'???

I wish you could understand "suitable" cadidates are solely defined by the airline.

wondering
24th Jan 2007, 11:32
Sounds like some of you are working in CX recruiting. So, please excuse my ignorance and excuse me for asking.

I know at least one lagacy airline claiming to hire 'suitable' candidates by employing aptitude tests which are graded on a forced curve. Or should I say sliding average.

As I understand, the selection process for direct entry S/O´s and cadets is somewhat different. And, we are talking cadets here. Am I right that cadets go through computer based apptitude tests? I know direct entry S/O´s don´t. (ok, maybe the math test falls into this category)

authority
24th Jan 2007, 13:21
Please understand that there's not only computer test in the recruitment exercise.

and it is entirely upto the airline to claim aptitude test result = suitable.

Minimums!
25th Jan 2007, 13:38
dave,
its not a matter of how easy or how hard it is. If you can do some research and find out what the interviews are like and what kind of questions they are likely to ask you, you can prepare yourself for it.

The interviews are quite straight forward. If you want it bad, and if you are serious about it (and if you pass your medical) then you have a good chance of making it.

Yes, they do need a lot of cadets.

good luck!

Minimums!

daveip
29th Jan 2007, 11:02
thanks for the replys guys.

well i've been asked to forward my availability times to go to hong kong for the selection process.

i do want this bad and i've done my research on the interview process. doesn't sound too bad.

my only fear is the F1 medical because i have a high level of astigmatism at 3.50 roughly in each eye =/ but my level of short sightedness falls withing the 6.00 limits.

wish me luck and pray that God grants a miracle with my eyes

Blueangelz
19th Feb 2007, 13:35
Hey have you been to the selection process yet? how did it go?
Im wanna know how long is the wait for the results? as i understand it, there are 4 stages of the selection process... but what is the average wait in between selection processes?